8 posts in this topic

Today I mailed several big checks, as I do every quarter. This year I got slammed

even more than usual because as my CPA says "I did not buy enough stuff to write

off". I call it playing it safe in an uncertain economy. I wish everyone was self-

employed and had to stroke a check each month, maybe then everyone would realize

how much they pay and in turn how much is wasted. I have nothing against paying

taxes, I just think it should be fair and even for all.

I heard there was a "Tea Party" in Newport News and a lot of other places today, so

I joined the crowd of several hundred to show my dis-pleasure of the current tax

system. I was thrilled to see such a turn out. I hope some day things will "change".

The less taxes I pay, the earlier I can retire and go fishing more often. Here are a

couple of pictures I took today. Thanks for reading my tax rant.

DSC_0073c-1.jpg

DSC_0066b-1.jpg

DSC_0060c-1.jpg

DSC_0035e-1.jpg

DSC_0025c-1.jpg

DSC_0027d-1.jpg

Wow... I have been wondering when something like this was going to happen... Thanks for the pictures and the post.

i herd about it but and was wondering how the turn out would be. Looks like it was a big one. Thanks for the pics.

hey Brian,

Can you send me the pic of the lady holding the sign saying " i'll keep my money, you keep the change" i wanted to foward it on to some people.

thanks,

Kent

Here are some more pictures from today. I love the right to assemble and the freedom of speech. I also think it is cool that I am on a

message board posting pictures of people with message boards.

DSC_0080c-1.jpg

DSC_0077c1-1.jpg

DSC_0076a2-1.jpg

DSC_0068c-1.jpg

DSC_00672-1.jpg

DSC_0059c-1.jpg

DSC_0049a1-1.jpg

DSC_0047a-1.jpg

DSC_0037c-1.jpg

DSC_0030d-1.jpg

DSC_0029d1-1.jpg

DSC_0018e-1.jpg

DSC_0016d2-1.jpg

DSC_0014g-1.jpg

DSC_0012f1-1.jpg

DSC_0005f-1.jpg

DSC_0002e1-1.jpg

Monday April 13th 2009 was tax freedom day. :eusa_dance:

That means for the average US worker all their earnings from Jan 1 2009 till April 13th went to pay their taxes. So now we are finally working for ourselves. This actually worked out to be about 2 -3 weeks earlier then last year do to the tax cuts of the previous administration.

Brian, thanks for contributing.

You are now officially listed as a dissident.

According to the footnotes in a Homeland Security report issued on 4/13, you are to be watched.

The foot note lists dissidents (anyone exercising their 1st Amd Rights), gun Rights, pro-life, VETERANS, Earth Liberation Front, Animal Liberation Front (these last two have firebombed businesses), and persons concerned about immigration.

Welcome to a government watch list.

(my name is a few hundred thousand above your's, LOL!!!!!!)