82 posts in this topic

Still very quiet on the beachfront but things could turn around this weekend. Did here one 15lb black drum caught on the oceanfront. Other then that...nothing but doggies and skates being reported.

I would imagine the forecast for nice weather will get people out this weekend and we should start seeing some actual catches...blues and black drum "should" start hitting this weekend and maybe, with a little luck, a striper.

Good luck to everyone and let the fishing season begin...FISH!

Will be heading out most of the day Friday and all day Saturday. Hopefully I'll have something good to report.

John

Will be heading out most of the day Friday and all day Saturday. Hopefully I'll have something good to report.

John

I plan on being on the beach most of Saturday myself!

Planning to be AI Saturday - Monday.

Try out a new Daiwa conventional reel, usually use spinning reels.(I'm fired -up to try this....it's was a long winter)

If anything is happening Friday, please post report.

Planning to be <acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym> Saturday - Monday.

Try out a new Daiwa conventional reel, usually use spinning reels.(I'm fired -up to try this....it's was a long winter)

If anything is happening Friday, please post report.

If you never tossed a conventional before look for me on the beach and i'll help you out! I have a 2006 white ford pickup with a alpenlite slide in camper on the back and a big front rod/cooler rack. There is a picture in the show your ride thread.

I'll look for you.............couldn't find the thread.

I'm in a gray Doge Durango.

I hope you can feel the jealousy coming from my end of the computer!!! You dogs.....

Hit mid O.C. beach for about 5 hours this morning with nothing hitting. Current was running strong to the south, breakers were crashing hard. Had a hard time holding with 8's. Current should be a little easier tomorrow. One other guy fishing about 200 yards away and nothing from him either. It should be happening any day now.

John

Thanks for the update.........be there tomorrow.

Hit AI a couple miles south of the bull pen yesterday. Fished pretty hard with bunker,clam and herring and only caught skate.

I am getting really sick of saying this but, its getting close the fish should be here any day now!!!!!