9 posts in this topic

Destiny asked me to make a suicide run for some stripers today after picking her up from school. How could I say no? We packed up and headed south. We got there and it didn't take long, she was hooked up on the 1502. She fought it herself with no help. It took a bit, but she was relentless in the fight. The poor thing was shaking as the fight went on.

I did beach the fish for her and then she scared the crap out of me when she yelled and saw how big it was. It went 40 1/2"L and a 24 1/2"G.

HPIM1236.jpg.97c9188b12951bf784464e5cf4a

HPIM1237.jpg.4db71285bcf324ed5bc6de8b48a

HPIM1238.jpg.b979db531a15ee35d830f0ea790

Yes, I did land one before we left, but it was only 33". Ok, I know she smoked the "old man". I wouldn't have it any other way. She will remember this for a very long time.

HPIM1240.jpg.f4501c39a49054e8c3484b07828

wow...awesome fish! there's nothing better than when your kids outfish you! keeps them (and you) coming back for more.

Good job Destiny not only will she never forget that moment you won't either dad:icon_thumright:

Good for her!! Way to go Dad!

Did she keep the fish?

She is too much like her dad to keep the fish:icon_wink:. She kissed it, spanked it on its arse and sent her on her way, to fight another day.:icon_pirat:

Nice job! Quite an accomplishment.

Nice FISH, Is anyone head'n for OBX over the Easter Holiday. Heading down Thursday for a few days of Fishin.

Awesome job Destiny!

What a great kid!!!!!

Maybe she'll give you some pointers on catching larger fish? LOL!

You have a great thing going, very happy to see the young 'uns out there with Dad!