39 posts in this topic

Well, still not much to report on the oceanfront. Skates and doggies are in the line up and not much else right now. As we get into the middle of April, we should see some blues and eventually some black drum as we aproach the end of the month. Stripers should start showing in some numbers at the end of April or the beginning of May but if you put in the time now, you may be able to snag one or two before then.

Have fun and go fish!

Yesterday on the beachfront...skates and doggies...water sure looked fishy.

Tuesday from 6:30pm - 6:30am: Doggies and isopods. I did have one good hit and pulled the bait in with no marks on it. That little incident kept me out there at least another 3 hours...:icon_tongue:

Heading out this weekend both days despite the wind predictions. I am determined to pull something out of the water and have made it a point to myself not to leave untill that happens. Ill be in green nissan frontier with a couple of buddies if anyone wants someone to fish by.

Tuesday from 6:30pm - 6:30am: Doggies and isopods. I did have one good hit and pulled the bait in with no marks on it. That little incident kept me out there at least another 3 hours...:icon_tongue:

you are hard core Sam, It was cold tue, I only left cause my sinus issues and Tom was numb without the waders and being wet didnt help much, thinkin I am goin again monday and maybe even tuesday.

Destiny and I headed out today. Man it was nasty. We got a couple, here are some pics. One is a nasty little schoolie:icon_puke_l:

Multimed.jpg.f7378edc178aa226639529b989a

HPIM1250.jpg.815d2d5a70b8c97d3b7f65624da

HPIM1251.jpg.b20a19f84aa83bb52bd8bf8370f

Are those sores on the schoolie? I hope hands were washed well after handling it....

That doesn't bode well...

That is one nice big feesh though, Destiny caught it, right?

You caught the little one?

:D

The sores didn't look like they have in the past. They were not red, or weeping, but yes, hand sanitizer is always with us.

I have been watching Osprey regularly get those size stripers from the water. Sometimes they get one, but more times than not, they miss. I am thinking, maybe it is talon marks. I hope anyway, it is a little early for sores to be showing up.

Destiny caught both the little one and the last larger one. My buddy:icon_syda:

Nice work!!!

That one schoolie looks like he got swallowed and spit out by spmething much bigger than he was!

OK, here you go. I got it from a VERY good source stripers are in the surf. A couple of nice ones 2 days ago and a 27"er today.

good news, I am planning a trip for monday, dont care bout the weather, just dont want the lightning, I am a lightning rod myself.

good news, I am planning a trip for monday, dont care bout the weather, just dont want the lightning, I am a lightning rod myself.

I know the feeling Dave.:icon_thumright:

I might be down there as well. The weather is supposed to be chitty, so I going somewhere for sure. Chris is on the VA side of AI this weekend. I will speak with him when he gets back, or if he gets hooked up.

I'll PM you if I'm headed you way. I might go west if nothing pans out for Chris:icon_thumright:

I'll PM you if I'm headed you way. I might go west if nothing pans out for Chris:icon_thumright:

sounds great, I know the weather looks like crap but great for striper, I am heading out right after work should be there around 8 am, probably stay till 5 or 6 depending on the weather.

Fished pretty much the whole time from friday night until sunday morning. Had to go home and shower and sleep for a couple hours. Between two other guys and myself we caught 10 doggies from 2.5' to 4'. We also ended up with about 25 skate. Wasn't really the fish we were looking for but i was good to have some steady action. From the looks of things out there the stripers should be here anytime now.

Thanks for the report. I am hoping you are right about the stripers.

Fished 3r's yesterday, ended up catching 3 skates, although it was fun getting a tug on the line I had to call it a day. Will try again next weekend, hopefully better results.

Fished A.I. yesterday for a couple hours on the incoming tide. It was a dead zone out there. Only saw 1 skate caught the entire afternoon. It was really nice out during lunch time, but around 1:30 or so the wind shifted and really picked up. It was looking really fishy for a little while but nothing panned out.

Bait went untouched almost all afternoon, Igormothra even had clam out that was lasting for hours. I used the same head the entire afternoon.

Hopefully it should be picking up here REAL soon!

went out and braved the storms yesterday, left work at 7 am and hit the beach by 8 stayed until 4pm caught two 3' doggies around 9am and then nothing the rest of the day, storms rolled in around 11 and stayed until 4ish, wind was out of the south at first at around 20mph then is stopped totally around 2, when i left the wind was out of the west at around 5, had no problem holding with 8 all day surprisingly enough although the current was pullin hard from the south, the only time my line would move is when the grass got caught up in my line, think I will try again today, even though it will be a little chilly.

goin out again this eve, will post reports later. calling for a wnw wind at 20-30 should be fun and not expecting much but you'll never know until you try.

Good luck, Dave! Wish I could join ya, but my honey-do list is just too long. :BangHead:

went out tonight, not much to say, cold, windy, lots of doggies so I switched to all bunker heads, that didnt help either, between the crabs and isopods they were hollow in 5 to ten minutes, well I guess there is always next week.:BangHead:

today on the oceanfront...lots of dogs and wind...sick of the wind and the doggies...nothing else to report...this is getting redundant.