18 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone:hello:

This past week off the surf at AI seems to be Doggies and Skate. I heard of a Rockfish near the Rt 50 bridge, but I didn't see anything, just hear say. At Shad Landing last weekend they caught some nice catfish and crappie have also been caught. We have fresh ocean bunker now , minnows, bloodworms and nightcrawlers. Hopefully the weather will keep getting better.

Thanks

Shanan:fish:

Hi Everyone:eusa_hand:

I know everyone is dying to catch a Rockfish or Red Drum on the surf. Still all I've heard are Doggies and Skates at AI. Rockfish have been caught south of Assateague bridge and North of 90 bridge. Tog have been caught off the bulkhead and north jetty OC. Flounder season is getting closer. They have been hitting heavy ing VA. We got fresh ocean bunker in yesterday and should have more today, Live minnows, night crawlers and bloodworms.

Have a Happy Easter!!!!

Shanan:angel2:

thanks Bucks place...you guys are the best. Looking forward to gettin' some fresh bait from ya this year.

Thank you trimlc !!!

Flounder season is finally in a few were caught behind Assateague this week. On 4/10/09 Lamont Hilbert caught two short rocks south of the Assateague bridge on bucktails. He also saw one keeper caught. In the surf still only doggies and skates. Come on Rockfish and drum. Mr. Wilburt caught a 10lb catfish and some crappie at whitin crossing. Ayres creek a few perch have been hitting. Congratulations to Stephen Decatur High School on the new fishing club they have started. I heard about 60 students showed for the meeting. I did get in fresh bunker , bloodworms, nightcrawlers and live minnows today. Finally the SUN has come out. Have a good weekend fishing.

Thank you

Shanan:fish:

Yea the S.D.H.S. fishing club is pretty cool. I am the president of the club. I was voted in by the teachers who began the club. Thanks Shanan for mentioning this also the fresh bunker was perfect tonight only got skates and doggies but i did manage a smooth doggie rather than the spiny doggies.

Yea the S.D.H.S. fishing club is pretty cool. I am the president of the club. I was voted in by the teachers who began the club. Thanks Shanan for mentioning this also the fresh bunker was perfect tonight only got skates and doggies but i did manage a smooth doggie rather than the spiny doggies.

Thats a good sign that the water temp is starting to rise a bit! The Stripers should be here ANY day now!

yeah, yo know thats a good sign when the spines on your dogfish disappear.

I haven't heard of any nice size flounder yet. Several people have gone out this morning. We did have Bill Greenwood tell us last night he caught a 33" rockfish on fresh bunker he got from us in the surf at AI. Yeah!! for Sunshine

Thanks

Shanan

Congrats Brandon on being the President of S.D.H.S. Fishing Club. You are well worthy of the job you are a very good young fisherman.

heading out monday and maybe even tuesday, c'mon feesh, especially the ones with stripes.

I hope the weather is good for you tomarrow Dave. We just got fresh bunker in this morning . Yesterday Bill Justice AMSA President caught a 26" striper on fresh bunker. We also heard of a 36" striper caught, but i'm not sure who caught it.

Thanks

Shanan

Hey Shannon wre they catchn them on the outgoing tide again .:eusa_dance:

UPDATE: not sure about monday, tuesday for sure!

Low tide was good last year. The 33" caught on friday we were told about at the store at 7:15pm High was around 2:30 so I would guess it was the outgoing. And the two rock caught Sat looks like they were caught on the incoming high. I think you just need to find a hole and it seems to be easier to find them on low tide.

Thanks

Shanan

Good morning, Young lady

Brandon and I went out last night after we left the store and the bait went untouched.. We found a real nice hole and no takers.. See ya soon

Tight lines

Lee

I'm hearing of a few flounder being caught. In the surf things are getting better. Rockfish and blackdrum have been caught this week. Today George Trout caught 2 blowfish and a kingfish 14 1/4" on bloodworms. Nice to see kings and blowfish adding more variety to our fishing selection. We have fresh ocean bunker, bloodworms, nightcrawlers, and live minnows.

georgetroutAI.jpg.8fabaaea7e099370f524e3

Thank you

Shanan