Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rockboy42

Grilling Stripers

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any good recipes for grilling striper fillets??? and How long and what heat do you grill it at?

Well you will hear a lot on this.

I've done them from no spices to all sorts. but the best that I've come :v: across is with a little rosemary seasoning, a little lemon, salt and pepper and cook up on the grill for about 15 or so min. serve it up with some red potatoes with garlic and butter, and some parmesan pasta with toasted soft bread. :chef:

But just about anything will work with rock... just enjoy the catch and eats

I think there are two super easy, super tastey ways;

First-- I love to smoke fish--Not literally so don't try to by papers and search for the matches-- but on a soaked cedar plank over coals. Stores sell the planks and if your near a lumber yard get a piece of untreated cedar.

Soak the cedar for 20-30 minutes. Get the coals hot 350 on up. Season the Rock with salt/pepper and/or fresh herbs and place on the plank over the coals and cover the grill. The heat cooks the fish and the smokey flavor is pretty mild.

You can also place the fish on foil and throw in some soaked chums of wood--Apple, Peach(my prefered), Hickory and so on. Mesquite Wood keep in mine has a strong flavor that can overpower your fresh catch.

The second way is is making foil packets with plenty of regular unsalted butter, fresh onions, fresh herbs and salt and pepper. Close up the foil packets place on either the gas or the charcoal and cook until done. The big thing is tempeture and thickness of the fish. So pay attention and enjoy. :chef:

been wanting to try smoking with a cedar plank but have not gotten around to it yet, sound like it would come out well seasoned and tasting good. :chef:

Hey i grilled some of my striper i still had today...put lemon juice, butter, lemon pepper, old bay and some black pepper on and let it soak in for about 5 min or so, to grill i made foil packets and put them in. Grilled about 400ish Degrees untill they looked done the whole way through, The fillets i left thick ( about 2 inches or soo )....i have to say they turned out great! thanks for the ideas guys!!!! ill have to get back on here hopefully with some different ways to do some blues if i get a chance to get any this year!

Sounds great! Can't beat grilled fish. :-)

Sounds great! Can't beat grilled fish. :-)

yup, I agree :!:

now last week "charlie" who works part-time here in the parts dept wth me is a full-time fireman for Balto County and one of his fireman buddies caught some stripers last week and they were going to cook them up for the other fireman on there shift for dinner, so he asked me if I had any recipes 8) I said yes and printed off the ones from this site, well just to let you all know the "grilled Rockfish" was a BIG hit at the firehouse that night :!: thanks guys :up:

All this talk about cooking is making me hungry

:lol: I agree Dave, what are todays specials :?: :mrgreen:

Barb and I will be in town next week and WE WILL be stopping by, still got those "Rockfish bits" on the menue :?:

does someone on here own a resteraunt ( spelling? ) or work at one???? let me know and ill stop by sometime!!!! :D :chef:

Oh yeah!

OC does, he'll fill ya in with the details, directions and menu.

He's just above the inlet.

does someone on here own a resteraunt ( spelling? ) or work at one???? let me know and ill stop by sometime!!!! :D :chef:

sounds great...ill have to stop in and give it a try! hopefully maby see some of the guys in there!