5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I am trying to plan a fishing/camping trip for me and my son. I have been looking at cape henlopen and i was wondering if anyone had some info/tips for this area. I am looking to go easter weekend ( april 10th or so ). I would like to get into some stripers. Any help would be appreciated.

Jesse

Cape has a few spots for you there. The pier is good for a variey of fish. The flounder should be showing up there very shortly. Stripers can also be caught from the pier as well.

In the surf, stripers should be moving in at any time now. The weather and water temp will dictate the time. Try using fresh bunker withan 8/0 circle hook. The jetties can also produce using plugs, perticularly at dawn and durk. Keep an eye out for a feeding frenzy, use metal to throw into the mix.

Best of luck.:icon_thumright:

Hello everyone. I am trying to plan a fishing/camping trip for me and my son. I have been looking at cape henlopen and i was wondering if anyone had some info/tips for this area. I am looking to go easter weekend ( april 10th or so ). I would like to get into some stripers. Any help would be appreciated.

Jesse

If you go to the Jetties make sure you get korkers to wear on the rocks. They are little spikes that go over your shoes so you don't slip and end up in the water. Also wearing PFD is a good idea as well.

You might also get into some big bluefish as well, so you might want to have some steel leaders handy just in case you start getting bit off.

ALso I am not sure that the pier is open yet, i think they where working on it and had it closed. I could be wrong about that though.

Thanks for the info guys. Anyone been having any luck with bass down there yet? Jersey is starting to show some life but I havent caught anything yet.

Second and third hand reports of schoolies, but I don't know.:cya: