12 posts in this topic

Hit the ditch Sunday and planned on battling the winds. It started out real slow with only one fish in the first two hours. The wind later in the day had some breaks in it and everytime that happened we had a fish on. By 5:30 the wind started to lay down and fish started biting. We stuck it out and it was deffinetly worth it. By seven we had 12 fish in the cooler and threw about 5 smaller fish back. My buddy also caught a 18" flounder which from what i have herd not many are caught in that area. Over all it was a great day and happy we stuck it out with the wind. Here are some pics of the fish i kept, we split them and each had 6 fish to take. i hope this report helps someone, there still out there pretty thick.

picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=813

picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=815

picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=814

Very nice job! What were they hitting?

Very nice job! What were they hitting?

seems to me that anything that's green will work. i haven't had much luck with other colors this late in the season. Earlier in the season i could catch them on anything but it's getting tougher now with the water naturaly warming up.

Very cool. Thanks and good job.

Nice job! I am jealous! You eat thouse things?????:fucyc:

Nice job! I am jealous! You eat thouse things?????:fucyc:

I do, and they taste great. I haven't had anything turn green yet.:icon_scratch: All the old timers i've talked to have been eating them for long time and said they have never had an issue.

I eat a lot more questionable stuff than I should already.......:icon_rabbit:

I eat a lot more questionable stuff than I should already.......:icon_rabbit:

i thought the same thing. Something thats taste as good as the trout do can't have anything wrong with them, and if so.....We'll atleast they tasted good.

Hey sense you are a captin you probly eat have alot of fish in the freezer you might be able to help me out. The wife and i have run out of idea's and new recipies for the trout. Got any??????:icon_scratch: because i have a ton in the freezer!

You are so welcome!!!

Sam you gotta love ANYTHING with Makers Mark!!!! YUMMY!!!!

Thanks for the report!! :icon_thumleft: