5 posts in this topic

Today I was fishing at cove lake, close to cove point beach. I saw some kids walking the beach throwing some lures in, asked if they caught anything they said a stripper last week. So I packed up my car, went home got my other rod and gear and then spent an hour fishing at the tip of the cove on cove point beach close to the gas dock. I caught two (little guys under 25 inches) in an hour or so around 6pm-7pm.

One of the kids next to me caught a nice size I'd say at least 30 inches, he brought it in took the hook out and I asked if he wanted a picture he said yeah but his mom didn't want him to come home smelling like fish. Found that funny. I was using a Kastmaster lure for the first 20min and didn't caught a thing, I caught the first fish on the first cast with a rattle trap. Surprised me. I'm going to head back tomorrow for a whole day. Good luck out there everyone and have fun!

Thanks for the report.

They are starting to show up, some at Sandy Point and over near Bloody Point.

Often times a noisy fresh water lure will trigger a reactive strike, just upgrade your hooks with a single stainless steel 5/0 and you can get the larger ones too.

Welcome to the board!

Did the kid tell his mom about catching the stripper? I have always wanted to catch one of those, although at my age I have probably forgotten the proper way to handle one of those.

I've never been fishin' and caught a " stripper ", but I have caught " stripers "....lol!

Ha Ha, Sorry about the spelling errors, It was a late night and I wrote that at 2am. I'm heading out for the day though to see if I can get anything bigger. I did end up going out and getting a 3/4oz rattle trap. Also Boaters World in Solomons is going out of business and they have a nice selection of rods, reels, and lures on sale.