18 posts in this topic

I heard the first catch and release rockfish was caught according to DNR other than that they should be catching fish any time now.

I've heard there have been a couple caught over at matapeake...So I'm guessing they are already there. Just gotta put in your time to catch one at that place. I've fished C&R at SPSP every year for the last 4 years and never managed anything bigger than about 20". I know I've read reports about fish being trolled up just south of the bay bridge. So now seems like the time to get out there and hit it.

VERY ,VERY,VERY SLOW ! Give it about another two weeks.:icon_surprised:

Its been on the hush, the cows are running through SPSP.

I heard last saturday 4 in the 30's hit the beach...the peake and coke are cooking too

I heard they were there today. A friend actually left the fish:icon_scratch:. A couple of fish in the mid 30's.

Bloods, you better take some with you, there isn't much around that area he said.

Fishbytes work alright?

I refuse to buy the live ones.

They had been pulling some fish in from there for a couple of weeks now. As mentioned, it has been kept quiet.

Once word gets out it wll be a mad-house there.

Fishbytes work alright?

I'm not sure, I try not to use them if I don't have to. :icon_pirat:

Fishbytes work alright?

Not unless you get the Cold Water (fast acting) formula. Regular fish bites won't dissolve enough in the cold water right now. I'd say bite the bullet and buy a dozen bloods. Its not like summer when they get shredded off your hook almost instantly by thousands of micro spot and perch

It looks as if you can pay a fee, enter, and fish 24 hrs a day at SPSP...is that legit?

It looks as if you can pay a fee, enter, and fish 24 hrs a day at SPSP...is that legit?

Yup, its $3 per car right now. As long as you are fishing you can be in the park all day and night.

I checked the dnr web site this past weekend. According to the dnr they have been catching alot of rockfish all over the bay ,mostly catches around32"-38"range for more than a week now . One recorded release in sus.flats just below rt.95 was either 54lb or 54" ,can't exactly remember. Also reports of catches inVA side of AI surf!

I hope I can get my boat ready by opening day. It's only a 16' but any one who ants to go out for some rock just help me with the feul cost and I'll take you out there. just send me a message