3 posts in this topic

I'll be near the south end of Pawley's Island April 18-25. This will be my third year back and I'd like to make an effort to land some fish this time. First year up we did a little shore fishing with no luck, but this last year we managed to land a few dogfish from the surf behind our rental house. Caught them on cut mullet. We do a lot of crab trapping in the creek and I think I'd like to do some fishing creek side this year. Is that a decent plan? What should I use on the creek side for bait/tackle? It'd be nice if we could land something other than dogfish this year, but I'll take what I can get. I know it's still early for good fishing down there, but I figure it should be a little better since it's a month later than we used to go. Basically all I've done in the past as go down close to low tide and cast out as far as I can with some cut mullet and lead weight. It's difficult to tell when you have a hit though with the way the wind pulls at the line constantly. Any advice regarding bait/technique would be appreciated.

Nothing? What's biting that time of year?