5 posts in this topic

:confused1: I had been keeping my boat @ IRM, but with changing times I now have to keep it @ home and launch locally. Initially we were going to use Bowers, but have since found the Cedar Creek Boat Launch. Currents seem more friendly there and lots of room.

I'd like to find out if there are any special "things" I should be aware of in the waters there as well as navigating in and out from the boat launch to the bay. I did a google map and it appears there is a large jetty leaving an area to the right that we'd have to negotiate. How about the water depths in low tide?? Only potential problem I noticed at the launch @ low tide is there is a LOT of mud on the ramp... am thinking this could cause some problems with the tow vehicle if the front wheel drive wheels get into it???

I launch from Cedar Creek Marina which is oppisite the ramp, I have never had any problems at low tide (21' WA) just watch your depth finder so you stay in the channel and line your self up directly to the pilings at the house. I have never seen less than 5' in the channel. The ramp is steep at low tide, probably depends on the weight of your boat when pulling out. I did see a truck on day RWD spinning tires. You won't know till you try. The current does not rip like Bowers.

do either of you know why Cedar Creek closed their shop on Rt 1? saw that the other week, i'm assuming because of the economy and possible high rent for that prime highway location. Did my seatrial at the marina there and recall the channel being a bit tight and remember the mud as well. Have heard only good things about the overall operation there in the marina.

Yep the economy, moved everyting back to the marina not sure how this will work with bait

do either of you know why Cedar Creek closed their shop on Rt 1? saw that the other week, i'm assuming because of the economy and possible high rent for that prime highway location. Did my seatrial at the marina there and recall the channel being a bit tight and remember the mud as well. Have heard only good things about the overall operation there in the marina.

I've never launched my boat there , but have been out with a few friends. Watch the drop off at the end of the ramps. Axles have been broken there. As you go out the creek there are some submerged piles at the bend before the jetty starts. I cant really recall which side. Ask at the tackle shop or the marina.