Followers 0
Sam

My kind of forum!

37 posts in this topic

You're going the WRONG WAY!!!!!!

:oops::lol:

Um, Sam????

Ah, look over your shoulder, CRASH!!!

Now this is my kind of forum! Ever since I was a kid, I was into extreme sports,,,skiing on a mogul field of bumps too hitting the surf and skateboarding. Its great that fishing can be extreme too! Not only paddling baits out but battling the elements from the beach. One day in November, I was out there, we had 20-25+ mph east, southeast winds, heavy rain and I was out there slinging chunks out in the surf. I was catching fish and battling the elements. It was by far one of the greatest fishing expeditions I had,,,caught 2 stripers and many big blues. I was out there for 6 hours. Cant wait for those kind of conditions,,,VICTORY AT SEA CONDITIONS :!:

Everytime I see this pic, I smile. That day was a blast, lots of wrecks and sore body parts, but a hellu'va lotta' fun!

I am SOOOOOO looking forward to seeing Charkey again....

(gee, I sure am good with a camera)

side note: start charging for candid photo shots

hehehehe

I would like to see how you guys shark fish next summer. But I don't think I want any part of yakking. Unless someone talks me into it. :roll::roll::roll:

esoxangler, during the summer its pretty flat and easy to paddle out,,,before you do go out, you just need to make sure you can get back in the yak should it tip on you in deep water,,,for some reason my yak is tough to get in when I get tipped out but have mastered getting back in quite easily,,,there are those days when the waves do get big, and a beginner should not try it,,,that pic of sam was when we had a hurricane swell,,,I paddled out baits twice that day and had to time the sets before I charged it,,,pretty large conditions,,,we will have to get together this summer and shark with the yaks,,,I'll let you try to yak em out,,,I can go out with you and follow you out on my surfboard or sam can follow along in his yak,,,if you are a good swimmer, shouldnt be alot of trouble if the surf is flat,,,if your not a good swimmer, I can yakem out,,,it's alot of fun and wiping out coming in is half the fun :D ,,, IMHO they are the best fighting animal from the surf, except for a sandtiger,,,dead weight.

Flat during the summer?

Yep, very flat, on the BAY side, hahahaha!!

That day of the hurry-up-cane swells is when I learned to yak on the ocean.

I can't count how many times Sam asked me if I was alright, after a few big crashes. I thought about taking it on the bay side to learn it but what the heck.

I think my yak is easy to turn back over and hop in when you can't stand on the bottom. At least Sam said I got back in REAL fast the one time I got tossed further out. But that could have been cuz of the hole in my leg from the hook leaking blood and the desire to not become Charky's dinner.

No worries esox, we'll be there for ya!

Mine is probably the most stable once you get out there (width).

Ya gotta' do it, it's a BLAST!

Thanks for the invite! I will be taking you guys up on it. I was watching your posts on the other board last year and was very interested in it. My son and I just started getting into the bigger surf stuff this year. But I don't have tackle like Sam does. :? If I get into yakking I might have to fix that. :lol:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Sorry, that last post was from esoxangler. Don't know why my screen name didn't come up.

Esox, make a trip to bass pro shops in Arundel Mills and start getting stuff ready for next season.

A good budget purchase would be their Ocean Master line of stuff. Not the top of the line but also not $300. for a setup. It'll get it out there fine.

For Charkey, you need something that holds LOTS of at least 60# test, a heavy trolling reel like the Penn 115L on a heavy trolling or stand up rod. They ain't cheap but they do the job well.

just say the video it was awesome if you find more post them. Also this previous year I caught a 70 lb. spinner boy was that fun to fishtcaught that fish on 20 lb. line on my small rod.

tight lines ya'll

sorry forgot to log in. ? does anyone fish IR inlet? if so post what you've been catching. the last time i was there we hammered the blues, hooked a couple stripers you know the drill

You can find fishing reports in the surf forum, this is extreme fishing, generally no reports are posted in this forum dealing with standard types of fishing. :wink:

Now is the time of year to get your Charkey gear in order for next summer.

Ya know, fix the yak, clean the heavy-action reels, etc...

Turn your binoculars east and look way out, chances are it will be Coop, Sam or I dropping off a tuna dinner for Charkey. :D

Steve, where is that pic you posted of me 300+ yards out?

Man, I love it out there. What a rush. Can't wait till June.

8_17_05-1.jpg

Here's the bait, and the far out delivery. Sam is the small speck in the middle, still heading out. He bought cheap seats for the boat ride to Spain.

TheBait-1.jpg

OutThere-1.jpg

I think one of the coolest things is to be out there at night and look back to see what appears to be a small fire on the beach. Anyone that's been there with me knows I don't make small fires. :shock:

It's so quiet and peaceful, but a little weird. Pretty scary the first few times though, especially when you can't see the waves, you just feel them. Talk about dark! It's so dark way out there that I could see Sam's light when "it" was under water. Gee, I wonder how it got there? :lol:

You just go into a mellow, relaxed mode until "something" bumps the yak and turns it around. Just a wave, right? <yeah-right!>

That time of year and type of fishing to me is the best there is.

Drop off the bait and come back to a roaring fire, a cold beer and wait for Charkey. He WILL take the bait! Can't wait to hear that new Penn 115L screaming.

SOOOOO bloody kewl!

I planning on getting that 115L and 2 stand up rods,,,I plan on taking that 115L out over 400 yards and my other senator 300 yards,,,cant wait!,,,Before I had the yak, I paddled out on the surfboard at night and got slightly disoriented when I got out there,,,the current took me down the beach a little ways and had no reference to where I started from,,,thats when I decided to get a yak,,,much easier and quicker,,,man, I cant wait til next summer!

That's a terrible picture Sam.

We're supposed to see water zinging off the reel as a biggun screams the line out.

:D:shock:

That's a terrible picture Sam.

We're supposed to see water zinging off the reel as a biggun screams the line out.

:D:shock:

All in good time, Steve... :D

You guys are killing me with this stuff! I would very much like to witness your adventures next June.

Yahmahn, we'll get 'em!

In 6 months I'll be watching the water temps!

executionergif-1.jpg