8 posts in this topic

I have not fished much on the salt water side untill this year and had a question. I have a deep V 14' with 15hpr johnson on it and was wondering if this boat is to small for the M&M, HRBT on calm days? I would really like to get into some flounder this year so if anyone could point me in the direction of where to fish or let me know if this boat is too small for the water in this area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:?:

Kent

Calm and flat? Sure, I used to fish the Tangier sound in a 17' bass boat. But beware it only takes a few minutes for the water to chop up on you and make it unsafe. Make sure you have all your safety equipment. And I would never wander too far from the ramp.

THE VERY FIRST TIME........I ever went to the 3rd Island of the CBBT was in a 12ft Jon Boat w/ a 9.9 I rented from the base in 1981....

just watch your days. where do you launch? 14' is fine if you watch the weather.

just watch your days. where do you launch? 14' is fine if you watch the weather.

not sure, never fished them. But i have base stickers so maybe little creek?????? where would you recomend?

The channel going out of little creek is a little sketchy,big boats go out of there ,I would suggest willobouy to see what you are in for lots of striper , trout ,some flounder regs almost make it not worth the time to fish for flatties lots of fish in that area

not sure, never fished them. But i have base stickers so maybe little creek?????? where would you recomend?

I would not try to fish the HRBT or the M&M its too far a run and if the

wind turns NE at all , you are in trouble.

If you launch at Willoughby Ramps or at NOB (not sure of launching facilities there - are there any?) the HRBT is a short run in mostly dead cam water. Keep to your right and a small boat has a definite advantage working under the bridge.