3 posts in this topic

What's up tight lines. I normally fish VA beach piers mid to late summer and I have a question about April and may. What can I expect for fish during these months? I'm assuming some black drum but I was just wondering what is the best time in April to really start hitting Va Beach? Thanks.

april a great month to catch flounder,bluefish,roundhead and maybe some grey trout if we are lucky with the temps,always good luck ill be there.....

I cant speak for VA beach but I live in nags head and thats not too far away. april and may can be very iffy. they can be very dependant on water temp. look for blues starting in april. maybe some sea mullet and trout too. in later may look for spanish and possible cobia. anytime you walk out look under the pier (if the water is clear) and you might see some big resident stripers. if you do see a striper, use heavier tackle otherwise you have a good chance of getting broken off. I had a 25 or so pounder figure eight me around a couple of piling last year and I lost him. those stripers are there, most people just dont realize it and they can be hard to get to bite.