3 posts in this topic

The ocean could not possibly get any smoother than it was today. It was like a lake and the air temp was nice to go along with it. On the way out we ran accross acres of sardines so we picked up about 100 of those and headed on out to BR. It's almost like you expect something to go wrong with a day turning out like this one seemed to be. I figured I would lose an anchor, not find any fish, cut myself, or something bad would happen because everything was going too perfect (well except for the 2 guys backing out at the last minute this morning). Maybe that's just my optimism! I'm not sure. Well I couldn't get the red snapper to bite today. They were there. I could see them on the fish finder, but they just would not bite. Then I realized that this was what it was gonna be; the fish fed under the moon all night and now they are full and not interested in our baits. We didn't let that get us down. We worked our butts off and caught fish throughout the day. It was one of those days where you never hit the motherload and fill the box in no time, but you continuously keep picking up keepers and putting them in the box without realizing it. You kinda feel bad about the day and then when you empty the fish box you realize, hey it turned out pretty good. We ended up with 1 lane snapper, 4 mangrove snapper, 12 vermillion snapper, 3 sharks (released several more slightly harmed), 2 amberjack over 30lbs, an almaco jack (released several smaller amberjacks), 5 seabass, 3 triggerfish, 2 ringtail porgys, and a bonito.

3152009101_0796-1.jpg

Looks like it turned out to be an awesome day! Thanks for the report.:icon_thumleft:

How far off the beach were you fishing? thanks.