13 posts in this topic

I have a little business that puts me near AI tomorrow, if all goes well I am renewing my permit and headin out for my first fishin trip this season, anyone in the area look for a gold 04 explorer with a yakima rack and fish sticker on the back window or AMSA tag on the front bumper. wish me luck.

Best of luck Dave. Last week for 2 days there was bunker driven up on the beach on the VA side. I got it from avery reliable source. I'll look for your report:icon_tongue:

Best of luck Dave. Last week for 2 days there was bunker driven up on the beach on the VA side. I got it from avery reliable source. I'll look for your report:icon_tongue:

seen a few bunker driven on to the beach but no hits, actually caught one of the bunker and used him for bait, no takers though. barely held with 12's anyway wont be to much longer.

Thanks for the report Dave. Did you see what was working the bunker?

no, my buddy grabbed the bunker up, probably striper, or big blues, still think it is a little chilly for the blues though.

no, my buddy grabbed the bunker up, probably striper, or big blues, still think it is a little chilly for the blues though.

They said the same thing on the VA side. My guess was stripers, but thats just me.:icon_thumright:

im right there with ya on the striper theory

will be there Sat morning Driving Green GMC 2500 ext cab heading toward Va line

can't wait any longer!! going to give it a try on AI Fri & Sat.

Best of luck guys. I will be looking for your reports. I will be doing the "beach grass planting" thing here in DE, but I'll have a rod or two with me:tounge

well gave it a try went the whole way to line tried serveral spots no bites had to use 10's for mono but 8's were holding for braid saw a seal on the beach near va line cant miss it has pink paint stripe on head guess its trying to make a fasion statement. There was a group of birds working about 300 yards out but wouldnt come closer :dontknow: . This is only first of many trips and beats working.

I bet it still calmed the itch a little. Glad to hear you got out for a bit, I wont be back out until the end of march. got a trip to pittsburgh on monday.

have to claim the same results as dep243 we must have been passing each other, fri. sat. i fished sun. morn. nicest day on beach since dec. but no fish to report!! still it felt great to soak some bait[ clams,bunker& fishbites blood worm] maybe next wknd.