22 posts in this topic

"The greatest results in life are usually attained by simple means and the exercise of ordinary qualities. These may for the most part be summed in these two: common-sense and perseverance." - Owen Feltham, 1620

A great website is not great because of one person. It takes many ideas, discussions and participation.

Please post your opinions on how the site is evolving. I look at this site every day and forget that not everyone understands how it works like I do. If you happen to see something on another site that you like, let me know and I'll look into it.

Please don't be shy. Small and seemingly insignificant ideas can spark GREAT ideas!

Again, thank you so much for your patience and I look forward to your comments.

Well, that is certainly encouraging my friend. :)

Tell me about picture posting and the best way to do it.........so when I post reports I can make the pics show up the best.

Thanks again ,

Robert

Thanks Robert. This has been a constant issue and I am currently working on figuring out the easiest and most beneficial way to insert images. Hopefully, I'll have it completed soon.

Sam if it was easy everyone would have a site that has the level and integrity of this site, they don't! That is the main thing what sets this site off from others. Along with the every evolving and updating of this site that you do makes this one of the best sites around. I am glad and honored that you have let me lend a hand in helping you with this site.

Again Thanks for the opportunity to be part of this :)

David

Thanks David. It takes us all to keep it going and I'm very excited to see where it ends up. :)

maybe a tutorial page for new members whom are not used to being on forums, being a fishing forum, you will probably be getting more people on this site with a lack of forum know how. for example, how to start a thread, and using the search feature and how to chose the right thread to jump into, now mind you, I have not checked all your tutorials myself so if this has already been done just null and void, just my two cents. :icon_profileright:

I like it and I think it looks real good. One question though. How about a freshwater forum? Then again maybe I'm the only one who freshwater fishes becuase I'm so far from the beach.

I like it and I think it looks real good. One question though. How about a freshwater forum? Then again maybe I'm the only one who freshwater fishes because I'm so far from the beach.

You are certainly not the only one who fishes the fresh. :) If you would like to post a fresh water fishing report or question, you can use the thread prefix in any state's forum. See Below:

screen-shot.JPG.177111dcdcd54445ce32978a

You are certainly not the only one who fishes the fresh. :) If you would like to post a fresh water fishing report or question, you can use the thread prefix in any state's forum. See Below:

[ATTACH]6437[/ATTACH]

Thanks Sam I didn't even relize that was there. Most of my freshwater is done in Pa though. If I do hit Maryland or Delaware though I will post a report.

No problem. :)

I think this site is awesome, I spent like 4 days trying to figure out what type of skate I caught, I asked numerous professionals and I got the same I don't know shrug. I posted it on your site and I had an accurate answer in less than ten minutes, it gets no better than that! However the thing i'd like to see on the site is like a "fish Id" sort of page I know you've implemented a few but it would be nice to see more in detail and a bigger part of the site, plus pictures keep the people coming back. Possibly even post pictures of members fish on that fishes page, with the information.

I think this site is awesome, I spent like 4 days trying to figure out what type of skate I caught, I asked numerous professionals and I got the same I don't know shrug. I posted it on your site and I had an accurate answer in less than ten minutes, it gets no better than that! However the thing i'd like to see on the site is like a "fish Id" sort of page I know you've implemented a few but it would be nice to see more in detail and a bigger part of the site, plus pictures keep the people coming back. Possibly even post pictures of members fish on that fishes page, with the information.

Thanks for your complement and I am glad you enjoy the site. As far as the fish ID pages, that is something I have been wanting to get finished for a while. It is all coming together, slowly but surely.

Keep the comments coming!

Sam if it was easy everyone would have a site that has the level and integrity of this site, they don't! That is the main thing what sets this site off from others. Along with the every evolving and updating of this site that you do makes this one of the best sites around. I am glad and honored that you have let me lend a hand in helping you with this site.

Again Thanks for the opportunity to be part of this :)

David

Thats my sentiments exactly even though I'm not an administrator.

Keep up the GREAT work Sam and everyone else involved!!!

It has been requested, and I will continue working on it this weekend.

The Fish ID section has been popular in helping others ID that thing on the end of their line. I plan to expend it as much as my schedule allows, starting Saturday night. If you submit a species, I'll gather the info and post it up along with what I find.

I have come to expect this level of professionalism from Sam, I almost take it for granted. The work he has, and continues to do on here is amazing. He has us all expecting this level from a well-run forum.

I guess you could say that he has set the mark very high, a mark other sites cannot achieve.

There will always be little tweaks here and there that need attention. These quirks are sometimes the most pain in the backside to any webmaster. And they often are the most time consuming.

But ya know, he knocks 'em out and hardly anyone notices because it is fixed so quickly.

Sam, ya really need some sleep and family time!!!!

And of course, this place wouldn't be what it is without everyone else here.

I have come to expect this level of professionalism from Sam, I almost take it for granted. The work he has, and continues to do on here is amazing. He has us all expecting this level from a well-run forum.

I guess you could say that he has set the mark very high, a mark other sites cannot achieve.

There will always be little tweaks here and there that need attention. These quirks are sometimes the most pain in the backside to any webmaster. And they often are the most time consuming.

But ya know, he knocks 'em out and hardly anyone notices because it is fixed so quickly.

Sam, ya really need some sleep and family time!!!!

And of course, this place wouldn't be what it is without everyone else here.

Well said :icon_thumright:

Thanks for your input. Great ideas.

There are lot's of Angler's forums out there now with loads of members and a lot of hits. My personal problem is that so few of the members participate and knowledge is based on the number of posts rather than substance. Some of the other forums are dominated by a few posters. I go to them because they do know their stuff but they can beat a newbie into submission if he can't tie a reverse albright

I need to browse around a bit to really digest Atlantic Anglers BUT if you want Massachusetts fisherman on board you had best give them a place to talk stripers and not sweet water fish only. It may be here and I just haven't found it yet but I'm still exploring. I'll be around.:happy8:. Plus your icons are a bit unique. :evil3::glasses13::blob8::glasses2::angry3::cya:....

Thanks for the info, Planter. I know how you guys love the stripers!

Steve, thanks for such a compliment.

I would change the layout with Teaching and Learning about Fishing section at top of the page. I don't get why DIY and the Sandbar is listed under this section. Seems to be that there are more replies in this section than the other two sections.

Fishing Reports I would put in below Teaching and Learning about Fishing that maybe should relisted Regional & Fishing Reports.