11 posts in this topic

What's up, tight lines. I'm new to this site and I'm glad that I found it. What is the deal with the point?:icon_thumbdown: Has anyone heard anything else about it? I'm coming down there may/june and I was wondering if the beach was gonna be open for me to drive on then. I'm out of Virginia and big time shark fisherman and it will be a shame if I can't get out there to fish. If anyone has any info, post it. Thanks.

Bryan

Bryan,

The best I can tell you at this point is, keep monitoring the NC thread.

With the NEG-REG meeting concluding in failure, the Consent Decree is in full effect. If there is a breach in the closures, as there was last year, they will extend the closures greatly.

I am monitoring the reports from the NPS as well as the clubs down south. I will post pertinant info for all of you if it arises.:icon_thumleft:

It's been a while since I have done any shark fishing in hatteras but I am very big in it. what types of sharks are running between cape point and Okracoke island at the end of may beginning of june? Last time I was off cape point we landed a monster sand tiger and I cannot remember what month it was.

really, you never know what kind of shark you are going to catch. we have had some big hammers, duskies, and sandbars in around new years the last few years. I would say most likely a sand tiger, sandbar, blacktip, spinner, sharpnose, or dusky with a possibility for a bull, lemon, tiger, or hammer that time of year. ya really just never know. there have been a few whites seen over the years around that time.

What's up, tight lines. I'm new to this site and I'm glad that I found it. What is the deal with the point?:icon_thumbdown: Has anyone heard anything else about it? I'm coming down there may/june and I was wondering if the beach was gonna be open for me to drive on then. I'm out of Virginia and big time shark fisherman and it will be a shame if I can't get out there to fish. If anyone has any info, post it. Thanks.

Bryan

Not picking on you here Kinfisher, But anybody who fishes Hatteras NEEDS to belong to OBPA and NCBBA they are the ones fighting for our rights to drive on the the beach. Wake up people there is a VERY good chance that these envowackos are going to win the big ball of wax and we wii not be able to drive the beaches.........EVER.

Its not just Hatteras either, Cumon folks PONY UP.

Oldmulletbreath I have family that are local in hatteras and avon and belong to OBPA and NCBBA. It would great if you could give me some more info on this. I agree that if you fish the beaches in hatteras and ocracoke you should belong to OBPA and NCBBA.

Oldmulletbreath I have family that are local in hatteras and avon and belong to OBPA and NCBBA. It would great if you could give me some more info on this. I agree that if you fish the beaches in hatteras and ocracoke you should belong to OBPA and NCBBA.

Kingfisher,

Here are a couple of links to orgs that support our beach access. Thank you for your support.:happy3:

www.ncbba.org

www.obpa.org

www.preservebeachaccess.org

Thanks Finaddict,you beat me to it. capehatterasanglersclub.org is another one that is active in the fight and is a nice club to memeber of, they have stuff going on all the time, including the largest surffishing tournament in the world the first week in November.

More info in what is going on, check www.reddrumtackle.com go to forums and

www.fishmilita.com drumdums war room

Thanks fellas. I went to the sites that you recommeneded I poster on every one.:icon_thumleft: I know that I am only one person but I hope it helps.

Spread the word, I would be willing to bet that half of the people who visit Hatteras have no idea what is going on. I see so many OBX plates all the way up here in cenrtal Pa. I wish I could stop them and tell them to get involved in the fight, but you just can't do it.

Spread the word, I would be willing to bet that half of the people who visit Hatteras have no idea what is going on. I see so many OBX plates all the way up here in cenrtal Pa. I wish I could stop them and tell them to get involved in the fight, but you just can't do it.

LMAO, I actually do that sometimes. Call me a "Finaddict" about these issues.:icon_thumleft: