7 posts in this topic

I'm new to this site but very glad that I found it. Is there anyone local in Virginia Beach? Just wondering what's going on with the fish down there. What is the water temperature? I'm about sick of this weather myself can't wait till the warm temps come. Thanks.

Bryan

Welcome to the show Bryan!

We have plenty of VA Beach folks here, they'll chime in to say howdy.

How did you find us?

welcome aboard,there are still a few stripers running up and down the beach this week, some good catches out of rudee inlet, specks and puppy drum inshore.water temps have been 38 to 42 this past week.i know the feeling all to well.

found the site just by chance trying to find people that enjoy the sport as much as I do.

Thanks for the report. I do alot of shark fishing out of cape hatteras and just wondering when is the best time of year to shark fish off the beach in Va beach? Is there any beach access for off road vehicles in VA Beach?

I fish quite often out of sandbridge and in my opinion it is one of the best in VA beach. Very anxious:blob1:to get started penn rigging off of sandbridge pier this year for the kings and the cobia.

Let's all hope the weather turns for the good!

very nice cobia, yeh lots of kings an cobia off sandbridge,may see ya there....

Welcome!

Water temp inside the bay at Sewells point is at 46 right now. When that number starts to get right at 50, then we should start seeing some trout, pups, a few flounder and a ton of small 1-3 pound blues showing up!

Rappahannock river is producing some jumbo white perch. We are also catcing some herring in dip nets.