9 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I'm new to this website but thought I'd start out by posting a fishing report from a trip I made last week (wind has blown too hard to get out this week).

Myself and three others headed out of Wrightsville Beach at 6am for the Steeples which is about 62 nautical miles from the inlet. We got there to find the water was still a cool 66 degrees but because we were jigging and the bottom was "lit up" we stopped and dropped our lines. We worked that area and some other spots along the break a little to the north.

We ended the day with our limit of Cobia (8) with the largest being 65 pounds, a big fat gag grouper that weighed 38 pounds and some nice African Pompano. we also caught 4 large sharks, a bull and 3 sand tigers running in the 250 pound class and a bunch of AJ - all of which were released.

All fish were caught jigging.

Here's some photos:

Jodie_grouper_thumb-1.jpg

Reel_413-1.jpg

mar5catch_thumb-1.jpg

Welcome to the board!

Thanks for the contribution of a very nice report.

First, welcome to the site:hello:

Second, great report and pics. I haven't got a "suited one" yet, but that is my goal this year.

What a great day! Congrats to you and your crew!

Great pics and report! We're supposed to head out next friday out of VA beach, hope to have the luck you did. Our plan is to run far south if the weather corroporates. Congrats!:icon_thumleft:

thats some good jiggin there Topsail, i'm gonna try some of that here. been blowin but we'll be back out looking to best that 101lb hoo you posted last week on FS.what a stud fish!