Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kutbait08

Grey Trout.

11 posts in this topic

It's been a bad 2 years in a row.

I got my fingers crossed, but it looks bleak. If they don't show this year, the fishery is even in more trouble than we think!:icon_pale:

the 12th.....of Never......they have been wiped out like the Bison .........

anyone know why the gry trout left the bay the past few years? i sure miss hookin um....................

Son-In-Law caught the largest in 2007 in rude in July it was 9lbs 8 oz. Was fishing for spec's when a school of big grey's hit the spec's driving them up onto the grass bed he caught the grey on a white plastic on a 3/8oz jig. P.S. it was off of a jet ski he was fishing off of.

Pat

wow!! ive cought greys in rudee but nothing over two or three pounds, i miss catching them off the bay bridge........

not enough for them to eat in the bay. spot and croaker were down in a lot of areas this past year. greys have been scarce for 20 years. used to be a speck was few and far between, but greys 6+ were everywhere. 10# blues were easy. 20# blues could be caught off the beach at times. clean the bay and the fish will come back.

daddy what's a grey trout? .........that what our kids kids will be asking us if the bay and its surrounding waters keep getting pilaged and raped.....a couple reasons come to mind........

Heard one grey was caught in a net off poquoson yesterday. Do not know the size, but it was probably around 2 lbs based on the size net dude was using.

Water temp at Sewells point got all the way to 49.3 today...It's time to start trying to see if they are around.

I will be out late Saturday and some on Sunday if I can get rid of this sickness I just got! Thanks goodness I went to the Doc and got some meds!

sorry for your luck steve hope ya get better. good luck this weekend:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish: