Guest Striperslayer

14 Year Old Looking for Job on a Headboat.

4 posts in this topic

14 year olds, will be 15 on June fishing is looking for a job as a baitboy on a headboat in the rudee/little creek are. Have years of experience. Please reply.

I think you mean lynnhaven,little creek area hau mani. This kid is good guys really knows his stuff,quick learner,eager to please,hard worker please somebody give him a chance !

good luck, I live on the OBX and you have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting on a boat. lots of mates sitting at the dock everyday. if you are serious about it the best thing you can do is show up at the boat early every morning, ask what you can do to help. tell the captain/mates you want to learn and ask if you can ride out to learn. if you cant ride out and learn, be there when they return in the afternoon and ask what you can do to help. be persistent, do that every day. thats how you come across most of those jobs as a new guy by being there when an opportunity presents itself, when a mate doesnt show, or shows up hungover and the captain tells them to go home. I kinda gave up on that pursuit when I showed up in the mornings to hand out ice to see only 3-7 boats booked most days out of OI. I used up a lot of time pursuing that job and was unsuccessful. I did ride out a few times and almost landed a job on a private boat fishing weekends and tournament but the owner had to sell his boat and I learned a lot so that would be my advice. I dont know how they would feel about someone so young but it could happen. when I was 15 I had one of the headboat captains offer me a job but I couldnt take it since I wasnt local.

you still coming today to visit kiddo ? 620 - 3925