7 posts in this topic

Harbor Tackle Fishing Report March 10, 2009

<o:p></o:p>

My first fishing report of the year – really nothing to tell; however, I just talked to my ocean bait man and he has forecasted a good fishing season. He feels that since we had a winter, the fish have wintered in their normal areas and should be showing up very soon. He feels that the stripers and big blues should be starting to move up into our area no later than mid to late March. The commercial fishermen have caught a few bunker and mackerel in their nets. If the weather holds up I will have fresh ocean bunker for the weekend.

Maryland DNR has decided the 2009 founder regulations. The legal size is 18 inches 3 creel limit and the season begins April 15<sup>th</sup>, 2009 and ends September 13<sup>th</sup>, 2009.

Thanks for the heads-up Bev. I am glad Terry is doing better. Now we need to get you fixed up and all will be good. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.:icon_thumleft:

Thanks for the report Bev! I can't wait to start fishing this year.

I hope to see U more often this year Bev, I'm itching to fish! :)

Harbor Tackle Fishing Report March 20, 2009

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

On Tuesday a couple of my customers went surf fishing and caught nothing; however, they saw bunker beach themselves. Wonder what was pushing them up on shore. Someone else fished on Tuesday and he told me that he had a good hit. Thursday, my bait man caught a flounder and two stripers in his nets. He released the fish. Just told by a customer that he saw three keeper tog caught last week at the Inlet. I’ve heard rumors that a few stripers have been taken on the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Virginia</st1:place></st1:State> side of Assateague.

<o:p> </o:p>

Harbor Tackle has fresh ocean bunker, live minnows, live chowder clams, live black saltys, and expecting live green crabs for next weekend.

thanks for the report bev its good to know that fish are starting to show and bait as well. Hope we have the year your bait man is predicting.