16 posts in this topic

Picked up a 38" trolling a Tsunami, ran into twistedfish at the launch...nice to meet a fellow yakker in person.

Skunker on Sunday, crappy wind.

Both days I went out of Matapeake and sount until I could see poplar island and then turned about.

30 min fight on this one on 10 lb line and spinning rod...great week on the bay.

38inch_307.jpg.2c659738ed848b97fc66e8b66

good job, nice fish 8) we fished yesterday and got 6 thro-backs, and yeah the wind was a NE bitch yesterday

Thanks!

Man, that paddle home fighting the wind with an fishless hatch is a rough one...haven't had to do it yet. It'll keep the beer weight off you though, think I lost 5 lbs this weekend.

Nice report. mmm.... food.... :chef:

Even the dog looks proud :mrgreen:

Very nice!

very nice, I've thought about getting myself a Yak, I canoe all the time on the rivers around here, I guess my big issue with the Yak is that Paddle back you were talking about......That could suck bad, especially after hooking into a big fish that wants to take you for a ride.

well yak vs canoe I have to say that in the wind the kayak would be infinitely better, I don't think I could have made it home in a canoe...of course I wouldn't have gone as far. I basically fish the chesapeake like a boat, just have to have good launch spots and watch the wind forecast.

Read this post on tidalfish today...that pussy...

"SAME THING HERE

LAUNCHED OUT OF MATAPEAKE AT 730AM TROLLED TO BLOODY POINT THAN THE BLOW BOATERS WERE IN THE WAY GAVE UP AND WENT TO THE FLATS ONLY TO CATCH A FEW DINKS.

I DID SEE A LONE NUT CASE IN A KAYAK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BAY ABOUT 2 MILES SOUTH OF THE BRIDGE HE WAS WET AND LOOKED TIRED. I DON'T THINK I WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT THERE IN A KAYAK WITH THE WHITE CAPS AND ALL ALONE

JEFF"

LOL, no, I have never taken my canoe out on the bay. don't think I would, they are too unstable and ride way to high for the way the bay can get.....I can shoot class 3 rapids in a river, but they have a flow to them....I've seen the bay chop up from too many different directions before to even attempt it. I have a couple buddy's with a Yak, maybe I'll give it a shot one day..until then, I'll keep my canoe on the rivers and lake, and my boat in the bay LOL.

They think I'm nuts now, in a couple weeks I'm going to try yakking up some sharks in SC...a true test of yak skill. don't worry I'll have video to bring back.

8) Hope ya rip em up man, good luck.... :up:

Yep, get your skill and stamina up so you can do some nice AI yak sharkin' with us this summer!

Cool. Look forward to your reports. :-)