Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finaddict

Banding Together For A Common Cause

11 posts in this topic

Well written Morty.:icon_thumright::eusa_clap:

Thanks Coop. I don't want to step on anyones toes by posting this. I see many organizations here than can help greatly in the cause. I hope I will be contacted by these organizations, so we can help each other.

The task ahead is daunting, but I refuse to give up and will go down swinging. TOGETHER WE STAND, DIVIDED WE WILL FALL.:icon_salut:

Morty you are not stepping on anybodys feet imop just simply telling like is and if we want to continue fishing on OBX, A.I. we must stand up and fight for ourselves.

Sorry wasn't done typing hit the mouse by accident just want THANK YOU MORTY FOR ALL THE TIME YOU PUT IN TO HELP FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS . P.S. just curious how do you find time to fish sounds like you got a busy schedule . LOL:brave:

Keep on posting about all these organizations! The more people that get involved the better our chances are for sustaining access.

Morty you are not stepping on anybodys feet imop just simply telling like is and if we want to continue fishing on OBX, A.I. we must stand up and fight for ourselves.

I am afraid this will not stop with AI and the OBX. Cape Lookout is now under threat as well. The issues in the OBX will be a stepping stone and or a model for the eco-terrorists to use all over the country.

Marine Protected Areas (MPA) will be next on the agenda, marks my words. This will effect shore anglers, jetty fishermen, boaters and Yakers. I have been in the fight too long and see things coming in the future that are detrimental to our sport.

Morty what else can we do besides notify our reps on this issue.:BangHead:

Morty what else can we do besides notify our reps on this issue.:BangHead:

I can't stress the importance of contacting your Congressmen right now. There is HR 718 that was re-introduced this year. This bill would re-instate the Interm Management Plan on the OBX and reverse the ruling on the Consent Decree. This would put the management of the CHNSP back in the hands of the NPS.

We need a Senate sponsor to introduce the same Bill to the Senate. Here in Delaware, I have contacted our legislators and unfortunately, it falls on deaf ears.

One more thing I would like to inform everyone about is the NEPA policy. In the latter stages of Bush's administration he signed a bill to "relax" the standards for the EA, EIS and ESA policies. These are the policies that the NEPA policy relies on for standards. In the first days of Obama's administration he "reversed" Bush's decision. This will make NEPA policies more strict than they were before. Obama was praised by the environmental community for these actions. You better buckle your seatbelts, it gonna be a bumpy ride folks.

I will try and find the link for that info.

I am not bashing any one politician. I am an Independant when it comes to voting and I will vote for who I think is best for our country. Both parties here in De. wants me to make a decision on what party I support. I support the USA and the people here. I am looked upon as a threat to each party here, because I refuse to choose sides.

It is a shame we have this type of partisanship BS in our gov't.

By the way "Poli" in latin is many and "tics" is a blood sucking parisite. You put the two together and what do you get? Politics!!!!:angry5:

Contacting legislators and asking for support on HB718 and have it introduced to the Senate, with support, is our best immediate chance of reversing the Consent Decree.

We need to ban together for maximum effect

I can't post the link, but I copied and pasted the article for all of you.

msnbc.com staff and news service reports

updated 11:21 a.m. PT, Tues., March. 3, 2009

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Tuesday shelved a Bush-era rule that critics say weakened protections for animals and plants protected by the Endangered Species Act.

"We should be looking for ways to improve it, not weaken it," Obama said of the Endangered Species Act. He spoke at an Interior Department ceremony to mark the department's 160th anniversary.

In December, the Bush administration finalized regulations that allow agencies to decide for themselves whether highways, dams, mines and other construction projects might harm animals and plants listed under the Endangered Species Act.

The Bush-era rule reduces the mandatory, independent reviews government scientists have performed for 35 years. It also prohibits federal agencies from assessing a project's contribution to global warming when they evaluate its effect on species.

The Bush administration argued its rule would streamline development requests without harming wildlife.

Presidential memorandum

Obama signed a presidential memorandum to put on hold the regulation until the Interior and Commerce departments complete a review of it.

At least for now, the two agencies will resume full scientific reviews of projects that might harm endangered wildlife and plants.

A conservation group that had sued to overturn the Bush-era rule welcomed the news.

"Obama has swiftly delivered on his campaign promise to reverse Bush’s anti-endangered species regulations," Kieran Suckling, director of the Center for Biological Diversity, told msnbc.com. "He has restored independent, scientific oversight to the heart of the Endangered Species Act."

Other activists praised the move as well. "Undoing the last administration’s damage to the Endangered Species Act will enable scientists to work with federal agencies and ensure that new projects do not harm threatened wildlife," said Andrew Wetzler, director of the Natural Resources Defense Council’s endangered species program.

Thanks MORTY.:brave:

I like that smilie, a little "William Wallace":icon_tongue: