15 posts in this topic

I am a member of the Delaware Surfcasters, a great group of people. Every year they have a year long tournament for thier members and member families. You are able to fish up and down the Atlantic Coast and qualify fish for the tourny.

I was working the AMSA Expo for DMS this weekend and was unable to attend the DSC Award Banquet. The tournament results are kept secret until the banquet. As I was working the expo, Gene Reynolds came over and said that Destiny and I had won something, but wouldn't say what. He promised he would have the awards the following day. The results were a pleasant surprise.

Destiny, my 11 year old fishing partner and little girl, decided she wanted to start fishing tournaments. Well this year she took 2nd place in the DMS Interclub tourny with a 36 1/2" Bluefish. That fish also qualified in the DSC touny. She took 3rd place overall with the same fish in DSC. In the DSC tourny Destiny took the 1st place in the Junior Div with another 36" Bluefish.

I can't tell you how proud I am of her. The day she caught her fish was one of the nastiest day last year. The wind was 25-35 NE with rain and huge surf. She stuck it out all day. What a trooper:eusa_dance:

I was able to accomplish something I have always wanted. Fishing from De. to NC, I was blessed with many huge fish this year. I finally reached the "Master Angler" level.

Here are some pics of the awards

100_1615.jpg.8e883b407b4eb7b213c5621b80f

100_1613.jpg.03344b4fc507b4eddb5072c7326

100_1612.jpg.ebc127fa7708f67e453438a7746

HPIM1183.jpg.58812d785ff3a4ade9f60096ca2

congratulations !!

that is a lot of beach time :)

Morty for all the time you two spend on the beach it had to pay off. Great job to the both of you, see you soon.

PS The fish up north are just starting to turn on..

Thanks guys, Destiny is still stoked about it.

Swace,

Mark reports just a few perch, but I will be making a trek up north very shortly. Give me a shout and Steve and I will make a road trip.

You can't beat that... Priceless! Congrats and great job. :icon_thumleft:

You can't beat that... Priceless! Congrats and great job. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Sam. Maybe we can wet a line later this month on AI. Bite should be on:icon_wink:.

Makes it all worth it to see the pride they show:happy7:

Morty for all the time you two spend on the beach it had to pay off. Great job to the both of you, see you soon.

PS The fish up north are just starting to turn on..

Thanks everyone,

I think my dad spends as much time on the beach as he does in meetings about keeping us on the beach.

Mr Stan, I saw your post on the other forum. I would be happy to teach your friends how to fish.

Destiny

Dang,

I walk outside for just a second, come back in and Destiny is on the computer. Man, she loves reading the forums. I think I got her addicted to them. :eusa_think:

great job,nothing like fishing with kids,congrats to both of you

Dang,

I walk outside for just a second, come back in and Destiny is on the computer. Man, she loves reading the forums. I think I got her addicted to them. :eusa_think:

Good thing! maybe she will teach us all something.