16 posts in this topic

OK everyone just want to let everyone know that in the next week or so there will be more info on this years Spring Fling.

Well first of all welcome to the 4th Spring Fling, what is it? I’ll try and answer most of your questions. The members of this site got together early one spring for a get together to meet others from Atlantic Anglers fishing forum to fish, talk and get to know everyone a little better. Since then we all have met some new friends and fishing buddies. And now get together for annual spring fling. Now it’s time for the Spring Fling of 2009 in the next few weeks you will see more post on this such as, Who needs a ride, What to bring to the fling, Who’s coming or head count and when will it be and so on. Don’t feel left out, not all that come fish, some come just to talk and socialize. So if you have any questions just ask...

Thanks again and hope to see everyone out on the beach.

I am good any weekend in May besides the 8th/9th/10th.

I suggest we stay away from Memorial Day weekend.

Just let me know...I got one business trip the first weekend of may I think, then the only other issue is Mothers Day again!

It will be very nice to get back out and do some fishing. Thank you, David for starting this and giving me something else to look forward to!

Just let me know...I got one business trip the first weekend of may I think, then the only other issue is Mothers Day again!

Looks like the end of May besides Mothers Day there are a lot of things going on the first couple of weekends in OC.

It will be very nice to get back out and do some fishing. Thank you, David for starting this and giving me something else to look forward to!

Lets hope we get out there before the fling Sam.

If anyone else has any suggestions keep them coming.

If anyone else has any suggestions keep them coming.

As far as catching fish, I should be good to go. I'm going to be getting a crash course in "surf fishing" by the good folks with VCAN. Great group of fishermen!

Have we yet had a fling where the fish actually showed up? Other than Trowpa catching small blues I don't remember any fish ever being caught!!!

Lets get it on this spring!!!!!!!

Well, our first spring fling was the toughest, harshest event I can remember and Phil caught a nice striper to win the prize. It's going to turn around again here soon. :)

Sweet!,,,,Im kinda new here,,,so where is this going to be held at?

Charleston,SC? (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha,,I know better than that)

I'd be up for a bus ride! Someone who could show us the ropes (can't think of anyone else in that area with the "know-how" like Capt. Rick!

We usually hold these events on Assateague Island, MD.

I've got a busy busy gigging May - but i hope to make it...

I can't make it on a weekend....

We could always do a poll (again) on day of week preference.

I can't make it on a weekend....

We could always do a poll (again) on day of week preference.

Im with you steve, I gotta use my weekend trips carefully this season.

Sorry I've been meaning to get things going with the fling, but my crashputer!!! has been giving me trouble. As on the date either way works for me. The more input in to this asap will help..

As soon as I get my pc running better I will be able to get things rolling more

What about a 2 day event, a Fri, Sat kind of thing? I think of Fri as the week end anyways.