6 posts in this topic

Ok, so I know the big croaker start showing up in the next 4-5 weeks....What is the ideal water temperature to start targeting them? I've heard I should be fishing 5-15' of water, I just need to know when :)

I don;t know how it is in the lower bay, but up here on the choptank we start getting into croaker a tad after the little spot bite turns on.

Thanks Dixie...thats a great link. I was reading other places that croaker have started to show up in nets....I was considering going into some shallower water to look for them this weekend...I guess we'll have to see what the water temps are....

Although after scrolling further down and seeing:

<table bordercolorlight="#00376F" bordercolordark="#00376F" width="441" border="2" bordercolor="#00376f" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3"><tbody><tr><td width="228" bgcolor="#93dcff">

Striped Bass

</td> <td width="78" bgcolor="#93dcff">

</td> <td width="67" bgcolor="#93dcff">

</td> <td width="74" bgcolor="#93dcff">

</td></tr></tbody></table>

I'm not so sure about it...I know I am looking for 52-54 when I'm out trolling during spring trophy season...and I know they bite much colder than that....

Thanks Dixie...thats a great link. I was reading other places that croaker have started to show up in nets....I was considering going into some shallower water to look for them this weekend...I guess we'll have to see what the water temps are....

Although after scrolling further down and seeing:

<TABLE borderColor=#00376f cellSpacing=3 borderColorDark=#00376f cellPadding=3 width=441 borderColorLight=#00376f border=2><TBODY><TR><TD width=228 bgColor=#93dcff>Striped Bass

</TD><TD width=78 bgColor=#93dcff>

</TD><TD width=67 bgColor=#93dcff>

</TD><TD width=74 bgColor=#93dcff>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm not so sure about it...I know I am looking for 52-54 when I'm out trolling during spring trophy season...and I know they bite much colder than that....

I heard of them in nets too, but biting a hook is a whole nother issue! Some of the temps seem off a bit, but hey it's a guideline!

isn't it around 55- 65 degrees for rockfish

I know some of my best days in the spring the water has been 52-54....but hey...maybe I just got lucky