7 posts in this topic

I have had several people ask me about how to make an anchor trolley. there is no real right or wrong way as long as it works.here is the way I installed mine. I have mine clipped from mid handle to stern handle. with caribeners. it is essentially a loop of line with both ends tied onto a 3rd caribener. I used stainless caribeners which are expensive, like $10-13 a piece instead of the cheap ones because the cheap ones didnt last long, maybe a couple months. I like this method with 2 trolleys on one side that go from mid-stern and mid-bow. it is easier to manage like that rather than one trolley from bow-stern. you can also run your trolley line through a pulley and connect the pulley to the caribener if you want to.

anchor-trolley1.JPG.1ee2c0e0f32e41c64236

anchor-trolley2.JPG.27795b5fa637e910347b

anchor-trolley3.JPG.ddf64a8f1829dec34f02

anchor-trolley4.JPG.14cf293ca45a1ef26241

wow, nice and easy....I think I'll do that on mine very soon....

an anchor trolley is not only a convenient way to position yourself, but also an effective safety tool. if you are in a heavy current you can clip your anchor in and send it to the front or back before you deploy it so that when it catches you are in position. if you just throw it over the side in a heavy current there is a good possibility of flipping because when it comes tight it will pull one side of the kayak down.

my friend has his anchor rigged up this way too. I like it because there is no unnecessary drilling into the hull

my friend has his anchor rigged up this way too. I like it because there is no unnecessary drilling into the hull

I like it because there is no unnecessary holes in the hull and also you can just unclip from the mid handle if you need a tow line for help or walking across water too shallow to sit in the kayak.

That Kayak looks familiar! I'll give you 100 bucks for it

I really like that idea for the anchor, if I do ever break down and buy a yak i'll keep that system in mind.

That Kayak looks familiar! I'll give you 100 bucks for it

I really like that idea for the anchor, if I do ever break down and buy a yak i'll keep that system in mind.

in my opinion an anchor trolley is a high priority, like I said they can be an effective safety feature.