16 posts in this topic

Well, it's finally March!

The doldrums of February are behind us and if we can get this front to go through quick, we can start praying for some warmer weather. If the weather cooperates, we can start to cross our fingers the grey trout come back to the Hampton Roads area by the end of the month along with some croaker and blues. Current water temp at Sewells point is 42.8, when it gets closer to 50 then things should start to happen.

The last two years have been a BIG disappointment with the grey's so keep your fingers crossed they will re-appear this year.

Keep yours eyes open down south as well, with a week of good weather and the right wind pattern, you never know when the first drum will begin to hit the beach on Ocracoke.

Time to get the gear cleaned up, re-spooled and ready for action, it won't be long now.......I hope!:icon_wink:

I'm going to get down that way and do some fishing this year, hopefully.

I'm going to get down that way and do some fishing this year, hopefully.
Yep, it's time for me to venture south and give it a go as well. :)

it was 62.7* for us on Thursday at the Canyon.......what a change for just 75 miles out.....now its 22* and 10 inches of snow up north in Richmond !

What ever happened to "March comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion"? Looks like it came in like a lion. We have 6" here and the snow is still coming down.

The power went out twice last night around 1 am. We had wind gusts to 54 mph.

Looking to make my first trip down to Wachapreague during Mother's Day week. It'll be the first time in +20yrs since I've been down to that area. Hoping the bite is on. I'd enjoy getting a few trout. Shoot, I'd be happy with one!

Wow, it was 5 degrees outside this morning and 2 days later they are calling for 60 maybe 65.........

I just want to fish.:angry6:

I hear ya, brother.

Well plans are set ,the parents want us to come down to Nags Head for the Easter weekend so I guess I have no choice:D:D:cya::3gears:

Well plans are set ,the parents want us to come down to Nags Head for the Easter weekend so I guess I have no choice:D:D:cya::3gears:

I will be here. should at least meet face to face. maybe fishing the sound if I get the time. who knows what the deal will be with the beach access.

Heading back out to the Canyon in 1 hour......see you at Bass Pro tomorro night peeps for the awards show.....

can't hardly wait to go eat some gnats at the dock in wachapreague,it'll be worth a fresh flounder dinner in the campground, could be this weekend the way the warm is supposed to come.

I will be here. should at least meet face to face. maybe fishing the sound if I get the time. who knows what the deal will be with the beach access.

Sounds like a plan I'll either be on the NH pier or the inlet.

What ever happened to "March comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion"? Looks like it came in like a lion. We have 6" here and the snow is still coming down.

LOL...its the other way around, "...in like a lion, out like a lamb" Now, if we can keep this weather, it'll be so nice :icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

Stop by and see jamie racn35 for bait and tackle, he has really fixed up the shop at Crab Creek..