Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
outcast

DELAWARE BEACH

12 posts in this topic

Outcast, I know a few folks fish the Delaware beaches. I don't have any experience there, but hopefully someone will give us some info.

I used to fish henlopen on a regular basis. Caught plenty of flounder and trout from the surf. Would you believe me if I said cut strips of chicken breast were the best bait I ever used there? I can't believe I haven't thought about that in years....maybe a couple chicken breasts should make it into my bait cooler everytime I go out this year.

Chicken breast? Really? Wow, I guess you never know.

ive used shicken breast for trout tangier sound and hooper strait, you can marinage them in shedder oil or menhaden oil also

Chicken breast in the Chesapeake catches trout.

When we used to have them

Mark

When i start hitting delaware ill start posting all the ins and outs i find. ill let you all know when im going i can take a few if you would like to ride along.

Sam, and you looked at me funny the other day when I was going to use some pork tender loin for bait, when the bait was running low :( could have been the bait of choice that the rock were looking for just a little surf and turf. OK that's what I was looking for :up:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:

I am a DE surf fisherman and the best spot for striper is just south of Indian River inlet 3Rs. That is where the biggest fish seem to be caught. I usually avoid the crowds and fish the North side Sewards ditch near Old Inlet bait and tackle. I also spend lots of time at Cape Henlopen and yes chicken is used on the fishing pier daily! I like live minnows for flounder and have had luck. We actually caught a nice size striper on a trout rig with shrimp!

JT, I might be fishing the north side of the inlet this weekend. Think I'll avoid the crowd at AI and stay up north. I don't hear of too many striper reports from up that way. Hows the striper fishing been? Any drum?

Water seems to be a little deeper than AI, so I would think the fishing could be good.

Jake

Striper have been hitting on bunker and mullett. I haven't made to the Surf lately but reports of 12 lb plus from 3R's. small blues , croaker and kingfish also in the surf. The rocks off the inlet have been prodctive as well but expect big crowds. Good luck! I am dropping a couple crab pots for the holiday and hope to hit the Surf on Monday! I have black Nissan pathfinder will have a red kayak on top. Hope to hook up some stripers or large sharks!