Finaddict

2009 Pre-nesting Closure Maps

9 posts in this topic

So much of this is frustrating

lines like -no recent breeding or sightings have occurred and the habitat is diminishing...no pedestrian or ORV access will occurr

the birds can't adapt, let them be...are we going to stop beach errosion? If not they are toast anyway.

I heard about some stuff where the eco terrorists might be giving up the fight for hatterous intlet and the point..... I think they got something up their sleeves.

Planning a trip there in October? I was there last June and pretty much stayed in the vicinity of the Beach house instead of driving around like the previous trip. But - I couldn't catch a flipping cold if I wanted to last June. If we go in October I was thinking of the travelling around plan again ( Vs staying in South Nags Head.)

I heard about some stuff where the eco terrorists might be giving up the fight for hatterous intlet and the point..... I think they got something up their sleeves.

I wouldn't count those "plovers" before they hatch:eusa_naughty:.

I am sure they don't plan to give up on anything just yet. They still have Judge Boyle on thier side. I am sure the final ruling will not please the fishermen or the AS and DOW.

Given the AS and DOW track record in the NEG-REG process, These guys need to keep thier eyes open and look over thier shoulders for another knife in the back.

CHAPA is looking to get some areas in the OBX listed in the National Heritage Program. I hope they do, but it might be too little too late.

Yeah I am not counting on anything. I know their track record.

I am really curious to see how that meeting goes with the Judge.

I wouldn't count those "plovers" before they hatch:eusa_naughty:.

I am sure they don't plan to give up on anything just yet. They still have Judge Boyle on thier side. I am sure the final ruling will not please the fishermen or the AS and DOW.

Given the AS and DOW track record in the NEG-REG process, These guys need to keep thier eyes open and look over thier shoulders for another knife in the back.

CHAPA is looking to get some areas in the OBX listed in the National Heritage Program. I hope they do, but it might be too little too late.

I absolutely hate going to those reg-nag meeting because I know before I walk in that I will walk out later feeling worse than when I went in.

I absolutely hate going to those reg-nag meeting because I know before I walk in that I will walk out later feeling worse than when I went in.

I know how you feel Matt. Keep the faith and never surrender, they still need all of our support. Thanks for all you do.:icon_thumleft:

I know how you feel Matt. Keep the faith and never surrender, they still need all of our support. Thanks for all you do.:icon_thumleft:

well, they didnt reach consesnus on anything so there will be no more reg-neg meetings. I guess it will be up to the NPS.