26 posts in this topic

I am going nuts not being able to get to the beach, I have not fished since December 12. Anyone else feel the same? Also how long has it been since you were last out?

yep early December for me as well! I am really feeling spring fever right now.

I'm right there with ya. I was out on AI with Rocks&reds, his son and my daughter on Jan.22 in the snow sqwals we has, man it was cold. We got a couple of schoolies though. Here is a few pics. Stripers headed up the coast I heard:icon_wink:

100_1364.jpg.cb046318d3baae427360e84d4c5

HPIM1122.jpg.b36b48e98d87f50cad61c38c6bf

HPIM1126.jpg.fa8fa3e90f79919cd79e8747cf5

Oct 5th for me, starting to really lose it. Keep looking through pics...my last day out.

DSCF0231.jpg.0b7912b8be1a55b76bc0867818f

Our last trip was New Years. I get DT's after a week. I've cleaned, lubed and gone over all the tackle I have a couple times. Now I have just about run out of parts to build reels. Finished these this morning..The red one is my new Puppy and Mullet reel.

DSCN1245.jpg.f660bd3e8aecafc2991da28b021

DSCN1247.jpg.f501dbe4809b00a916088f62c67

very nice pics everyone, glad i am not the only one getting the itch. Nice red Ben, i did not have as much luck with em last year. I love the abu's by the way.

Getting "Stir Crazy"..........

How about how loooooong have I been "Stir Crazy"!!!:icon_rambo:

Getting "Stir Crazy"..........

How about how loooooong have I been "Stir Crazy"!!!:icon_rambo:

ya what he said :blob8::blob8:

Dave,

I know I am...been a horrible winter so far...last time out I think was the beginning of January. The flu hit almost the whole family for a few weeks...high fevers that didn't want to quit, aches...worse flu I ever had and my daughter even got hit worse. My son and wife had it but not as bad...after all that, there was crappy weather with high winds...and then I physically wasn't able to fish if I could...ended up having surgery and may be laid up for a while

When I am healthy enough to fish...Iam heading out...stir crazy, darn right!!! This winter has sucked!!! Only fished a couple times last spring and hardly at all in the summer. Iam really looking forward to sharking, hanging out on the beach in trunks and yaking for toothy ones...!

What was the surgery for, if you dont mind me asking? I am right there with ya, really looking forward to fishin with ya again soon. thinkin mid march I might have to try.

My last time out was October cause once the deer season gets going fishin falls away. How I deflect cabin fever, once deer season ends I spend the rest of Feb. cleanning and packing away all the hunting gear. March I spend the good days getting my deer plots and vegtable garden restarted and on the boat to do the preseason maintenance and on rainy days I unpack the fishin gear for maintenance respooling. Fishing starts in April +/-

Could not take it anymore so I headed out for about 4 hours yesterday in mid O.C. Not a bite, but that is what I expected. It felt good just to chuck the lines out for awhile.

John M.

Definitely been itching to hit the suds. Been a few months now. I have been out on the hardwater 3x a weekend since Jan. 1st though. Been doing real well. Will be nice to get out of the cold and enjoy the "warm" weather again.

What was the surgery for, if you dont mind me asking? I am right there with ya, really looking forward to fishin with ya again soon. thinkin mid march I might have to try.

Multiple hernias...I had one for several years but very small and not a real big deal. Did bother me on occasion. After the flu, I had a real bad cough and something just cut loose. In fact I was going to fish after the flu on one of those warm days but the hernias bothered me so bad, I don't think I could even cast. Had them repaired yesterday early am by laprascopic and was home withing 5 hours.

Dr said I had multiple (both sides of the groin) and it was good to have them done laprascopic. Hurts worse today then yesterday...I guess I was all doped up! Hopefully no complications and can get back out there and fish soon.

Look forward to fishing with ya Dave. It would be nice to fish by mid March. If I feel good, I am coming out with ya! I don't think I have gone this long without fishing...

Wow, I feel for you. I hope you have a quick and speedy recovery. My family and I will say a prayer for you:eusa_pray:. Get well soon.

Getting the itch bad. The last time i went was the begining of feb. but no luck at all. And the last time i caught a keeper rock was early november. I went quite a bit in december off the route 50 bridge but no keepers just shorts. Heres a picture of the last keeper i got in November. 29"

28stripe.jpg.03b7d7fa7eaba4f298ac9a31ff3

nice feesh, coop, I am aiming for mid march myself. I have been fighting a broken wrist for over a year now, just cant afford to go on disability, and this winter has been rough on it. I can support weight with it but at times I get a real sharp pain. I chipped a piece of it off december o7 and the fragments float around inside my wrist. And well occasionally it hits a nerve. Anyway enough about that, I cant wait to get out there and wet some lines. get well soon coop.

Dang Scott, sorry to hear about that.

Hope you are all squared-away for this year!

Definitely been itching to hit the suds. Been a few months now. I have been out on the hardwater 3x a weekend since Jan. 1st though. Been doing real well. Will be nice to get out of the cold and enjoy the "warm" weather again.

I was wondering where you got to hadn't seen or heard anything from you in awhile. Hope you and yours are doing well, when are you planning your next trip down our way?

Coop, glad to hear you got it all taken care of OK,get well soon. Keep your head up spring will be here SOON.

As for me I made one more trip after Finaddict and I went on on the 1/22, It was on the 30th of jan to AI/VA but no luck but had a nice day anyway. Now I'm really going stir crazy! Two more weeks 3/21 can't get here soon enough..

hopefully get to go next couple of weeks got new sticker and pass at amsa show now just need to get time off work:blob1:

still need to renew my pass, it's been up since december

I got my passes at the AMSA show this past weekend.

Its getting close!!!!!! Blues, Striper , Black drum..... oh my.......