9 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals, I know I have not written in a while but been very busy lately, anyway if there is anyone out there that needs help with a vehicle issue drop me a line, I will be glad to help, I can do most jobs or repairs and if I cannot I would gladly let you know right away. I am a lead aircraft mechanic by trade and a automobile tech by hobby, I enjoy working on vehicles and have been doing so for over, 15 years now. Before I became an aircraft mechanic I was a ford ASE certified mechanic. I have obd2 scanning equipment to tell you what the problem is and to clear codes, or if you have any questions you might need help answering drop me a line, I might not have a solid answer but will help you find it if I dont. Thanks again, and keep them vehicles runnin strong for the up coming fishin season.

Dave, I've also been in the automotive industry for 25+ years. If ya ever need to put heads together, let me know. Be glad to help as well.

just got my 2000 explorer inspected. got home ok, but the ABS lite came on the next time I drove it. Took it back up and was told a speed sensor in the rear may be bad or a bad connection to the comp. $150 to fix it. only 1 in the rear, it is 4x4. thanks for the help.

just got my 2000 explorer inspected. got home ok, but the ABS lite came on the next time I drove it. Took it back up and was told a speed sensor in the rear may be bad or a bad connection to the comp. $150 to fix it. only 1 in the rear, it is 4x4. thanks for the help.

if it is just the sensor, it is a very easy fix and should only take 20 min or so, not sure what the part will cost but shouldn't be to expensive heck the whole hub assembly is $120. So I am guessing 20 or so, You know now that I am thinking about it I might have a spare laying around, I have a 96 which is also a 2nd gen explorer( same as yours). p.m. me and I could try and find some time early monday or so to fix it for you for a lot less than $150.

Dave, I've also been in the automotive industry for 25+ years. If ya ever need to put heads together, let me know. Be glad to help as well.

we will for sure be talkin more then, thank you.

1) I am giving serious thought before it gets busier to change plugs, check cops and wires. Also should change pumpkins and check vent tubes. Hard to find someone to work on or help that is good. 2001 V10 not because of mileage (49000) but age.

2) Not to change thread but should we start a thread or maybe sticky of things to do every year to our trucks before, after and during the fishing season.

Preventative Maintenance is key.

Hey Dave! how hard would it be to install airbag suspension on a 2006 F250? I am thinking of getting a used camper and think the airbags would be a nice addition.

Thanks!

1) I am giving serious thought before it gets busier to change plugs, check cops and wires. Also should change pumpkins and check vent tubes. Hard to find someone to work on or help that is good. 2001 V10 not because of mileage (49000) but age.

2) Not to change thread but should we start a thread or maybe sticky of things to do every year to our trucks before, after and during the fishing season.

if ur running platinum plugs they should be changed every 3 years, i do mine every other year, if you do change the plugs also change the wires, the differential fluids should not need changed till 100000 miles unless submerged or if you suspect a leak, flushing your tranny and coolant every two years is highly recommended, if you need a hand pm me.

as for the sticky that would be a good idea, especially for troubleshooting tips , help and so forth.

should we start a thread or maybe sticky of things to do every year to our trucks before, after and during the fishing season.

We already have that on here scattered about.

Perhaps we can start an "Articles" section with various information, sort of like a table of contents (threads) and click for the individual topic.