2 posts in this topic

Fished local pond here in Bowie Sat. looking for some pullage. Got there and saw 2 guys catching Trout on Mepps spinners! I had a green one in the tackle box and slow retrieved it to almost stalling the blade spin, since it was so cold (43 degree water temp) I didn’t think anything would hit or chase a spinner bait with the water being that cold but I caught 2 really nice trout! and a small largemouth. Both Trout were hooked outside of their mouths like they were head slapping the lure instead of trying to eat it. Is this normal or did I just snag them? I only had lures (jig/grubs, tubes, small cranks, etc.) and couldn’t get strikes on anything else I threw at them.

Next day (Sun) I went to another Trout stocked pond in PG County. Saw Trout being caught with powerbait and nightcrawlers, I tried the green Mepps spinner there also but got no strikes after about an hour or so. Left there and went back to Saturdays pond but still got no takers on the spinner.

Anyway, GREAT to get outside with the nice weather and all. First time for me catching stocked Trout. Maybe I’ll get some powerbait and worms and keep trying the Trout until the Yellow and White Perch, and Rockfish run begins.

Peace,

Mike

<!-- / message -->