7 posts in this topic

I've been hearing a little buzz about black drum being around and was wondering if they get into either Isle of Wight or Sinepuxent Bay? With Beverly getting fresh peelers in, I thought it would be fun to give 'em a shot, but the wind is gonna keep me west of the inlet this weekend.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this, otherwise, I may have to break down and get my ORV pass for AI.

There are some nice black drum that show up in the surf during the spring. Saw a guy last spring (his first trip to the surf to fish) and caught a nice 15# drum in about an hour. Pretty cool.

There are black drum in the surf not sure about in the back bays,,,several were caught a few days ago and someone was kind enough to give me some peelers yesterday from the beach but I had no luck withem,,,going to try some fresh clams next week for the blacks.

You can get clam at any place good thats sell seafood like Waterman and others..

Ive used chowder clams for stripers and have heard they make good bait for blacks,,,not sure if that really is true but I am going to give them a shot next week.