19 posts in this topic

Call it an impulse buy, but I walked in to my rod builders shop the other day, there against the wall was a 13'6" CTS (5-8oz) built by Capt. Ray. As soon as I saw it, I immediately claimed it and walked out with it.

This is one of the original blanks CTS shipped over last year I helped test out and absolutely loved.

Now I have all of the CTS surf arsenal blanks FS4U was carrying when they came in (3-5oz, 5-8oz and 8-12oz). I love the CTS blanks and for distance for me at least there is no other rod I would rather throw.

CTS blank is a plum/root beer color with a nice weave pattern, marbeling, hook keeper and all Fuji harware. Can someone please :help:, as I got to find a new reel to put on here now!:glasses13:

5852a53d65746_CTS5-8oz009.jpg.dbe68dd72f

5852a53d6a9cf_CTS5-8oz010.jpg.1432f18fa8

5852a53d715cf_CTS5-8oz008.jpg.f5e7867219

5852a53d7757e_CTS5-8oz013.jpg.dc7c6105d2

5852a53d7d264_CTS5-8oz012.jpg.8c1af4cf28

5852a53d82e82_CTS5-8oz011.jpg.53e10d9173

5852a53d8810d_CTS5-8oz007.jpg.9e979ff7aa

Can someone please :help:, as I got to find a new reel to put on here now!:glasses13:

how about a purple avet ??

purple.jpg.e2c1dbcf80e6f571d06650f3ab9ad

how about a purple avet ??

Don't know about purple, but I am thinking about a gold or red Avet! In fact that's what is at the top of my list, but I ain't got the $$$$ right now!

Might have to sell off some stuff, but I hate letting go of my stuff!

That thing is sick. Glad you got there before I did. I'm not sure I could have walked out with out it.

Very nice and good fishing with your new rod.

... as I will be adding a 8-12oz CTS to the arsenal ... have the ol'man Ronnie Hogwood of R&C Rods in Norfolk, VA (757)588-0419 (yes a shameless advertisment for my friend and rod builder) cued up to build here in the next month :glasses1:

Or all of this could just be a case of tackle envy given how bad ol'Dixie has the tackle ho fever ... did he also tell you about his trout rod that he scored the other day too :icon_tongue:

Ray did a sweet wrap job on that CTS you scored Steve. Looks a far cry better from when you, I & Scott hit the field to cast them as new test blanks ...

`bucket aka tackle ho club member :bootyshake:

... as I will be adding a 8-12oz CTS to the arsenal ... have the ol'man Ronnie Hogwood of R&C Rods in Norfolk, VA (757)588-0419 (yes a shameless advertisment for my friend and rod builder) cued up to build here in the next month :glasses1:

Or all of this could just be a case of tackle envy given how bad ol'Dixie has the tackle ho fever ... did he also tell you about his trout rod that he scored the other day too :icon_tongue:

Ray did a sweet wrap job on that CTS you scored Steve. Looks a far cry better from when you, I & Scott hit the field to cast them as new test blanks ...

`bucket aka tackle ho club member :bootyshake:

Tell Steve, aka can't hide money to send me a pic of the new trout rod.

I to placed an order.

Tell Steve, aka can't hide money to send me a pic of the new trout rod.

I to placed an order.

Last time I checked you bought a Yak!

Hey Steve ,

Saw that rod over the weekend and it is amazing !! Tried getting him to raffle it off guys but he just would not go for it !! Hope your first fish bows you up big time !

how does the 6-12 compare to the 5-8. I like the 5-8 but feels it'a a little soft..

Nice rod Dixie. Curious as how well you like it after you have thrown it a few times.

Will bomb 3-5oz...will handle 8 fine as well!

I am getting the 5-8oz this week...I think that I also have the disease!