9 posts in this topic

Hi Guy's

I'm new to your forum due to the fact I've lived in northern Nj my whole life and spent all my time on the water up there fishing for fluke and stripers. My only experience in the bay was in 1980 when I worked on a charter boat and we fished for weak fish. Well my wife and I are moving to DE within the year, so my priorities are to learn your bay. I've been fishing for 40 years and alway's learning. I'll be fishing out of a 21' wa from early spring to late fall, and while not asking for hot spots but maybe some areas to consider. I think we'll be east of Dover.....Anybody heading to Jersey this spring for bass fishing give me a shout

Thanks

Mike

If you want to venture out into the open ocean "B" bouy is pretty much straight out of IRI a couple miles. I hear there is some really good flounder,seabass,croaker bites!

Thanks for the info. I'll be trailering the boat so the ocean is a must, just not sure where I'll buy yet so don't what inlet I'll be using the most

Welcome aboard, if your going to be near Dover you have Bowers Beach (Upper Bay) right there and 15 miles south Slaughter Beach (Lower Bay). Nice concrete ramps, don't forget your boaters license (this will give you a fishing license once your a resident) and your fin number. Watch the wind, tides and weather.

Welcome:icon_thumright:

You can also launch at Port Mahon, N. of Bowers but sometimes the road is in poor condition due to washovers. There's good spring striper fishing right out of Mahon bt. there and Bowers. Chunking bunker is the game in the spring.

Hi Mike!

Welcome to the board!

You'll find good info here.

Browse through the sections where you want to fish (NJ Forum) and hit the search button. Feel free to ask anything you need to.

Enjoy!!