7 posts in this topic

Weather has been just to nice today

That said, I have been hitting the practice casting field some of late. Also, took an afternoon 4whl drive down OBX way last Saturday. And today, hit the Spit at lunch for a 1/2hr+ spot check NADA. Again, weather was great and water looked good (little to no grass), but the current was rippin' out and not a bump. I may hit it again tomorrow given historical efforts/records, just closer to the top of the tide

The two keep off the jetty signs are a reminder of the local civic leagues continued efforts to drive us/the public off the beach and out of their `hood. Albeit City code, these signs didn't show up until after we took them on over, and restored some, limited parking (real public access) on 15th and OV Ave. New part of the waterfront residents private beach playbook, if you can't legally keep the public out attempt to take away the reason they are showing up ~ SAD

More to come,

Mark

"Ain't no fish at the Spit" with another 1/2 hr check today ... still bit early and water is a touch colder then last year this time ... had a slower current hour post high tide but grass wa sheavier today ...

I'll check it later on until then :book1:

`bucket

noted- good to see you last week .....a friend of yours came in for lunch and his names escapes me, i had never met him before- he knows you very well....the VCAN decal is what made me ask him if he knew you while he ate his lunch/pizza

Jeff said he stopped by, had lunch, met you, and saw the new shop. Is the tackle shop still called Crab Creek Outfitters or was there a name change with the move to Crab Creek Pizza?

Jeff said the sub was real good and thanks for the tour :hello: Dixie said he also recently stopped by and scored some Berkly Gulp and line from you too :happy10:

Happy Valentines Day Jamie :icon_syda:

`bucket

Yes when Steve found out that you got the Sufix, he cried. I said I had 1 spool left and he came to get it the next day.

The name as far as business goes is still the same on all the paperwork.

However the sign out front changed a year ago to :

Crab Creek FLY & TACKLE.......

and thats what the sign reada at the new place as well .

Thanks for hooking both ol'Dixie & I up on the line. I'm figuring you all still have your hands full post-move and re-establishment. The location is awesome there given your proximity to the boat ramp w/the potential for geat things ahead :glasses1:

Albeit none of my business, I suggest that the shop's name be Crab Creek Bait & Tackle that includes Ann's fly shop/corner?! Or something to that effect. I expect the tackle shop has a business plan that includes fresh & live bait as needed. You all do that ~ carry bloodworm, cut bait (menhaden/mullet), shrimp, squid along w/live eels and spot (during striper season) just to get started and you are golden :icon_pray:

I'm in the wrong business `bucket

ALREADY CARRY::: fresh bait in the fridge worms,mullet,clams,shrimp,bunker...RIGHT NOW.....live eels in the tank .....RIGH TNOW ! Minnow tanks will be installed mid-march.....