Sam

Oyster Advisory Commission Recommends Comprehensive Approach to Oyster Restoration in

3 posts in this topic

how many Millions have they wasted over the last 30 years,and now they figured it out , do the same things again , BRILLIANT!

Well Badred, having worked in and grown up around the Md. Oyster/seafood industry I can somewhat see your point except you are from Va. Last time I checked Dec. 2008 Chincoteaque Va. the wild grown open water oyster framing was doing pretty well and the commercial wild caught was not totally busted either. However, Va. still has private bottom leases for growing and harvesting. The water quality is not uniform up and down the Ches. even in the Md. portion you can tell where they come from. Having swung hand tongs, run a "patent tong" boat and worked with a diver I have seen "millions" wasted wasting the water quality with shore side developement and lax regs or no enforcement of industrial/municial dicharges and yes, farm run off while trying to make the bills. The Ches. Bay foundation has determined that through all the years after hurricane Agnes (you remember agnes don't you? 1982) things have gotten worse for the bay despite the DNR efforts. Any, and I mean ANY mention or movement by the State is welcome! At least some people acknowledge that things are still broken! As for your home state my experience with VRMC has been a good one and would like Md. DNR to be more like them! Maybe you are late to the water quality party for the Bay and maybe not, but it's not to late to join! :director:

been a while since I checked this , but I'm not from VA. lived in Md. since birth Payed taxes since 1958 , I support cleaner water ,and oyster restoration ,just not the wasteful way Md. has gone about it the last 30 yrs. try something new for crying out loud!