21 posts in this topic

Well I have been busy this winter here in Berlin and I missed out on all the icefishing going on. My buddies have been banging the perch and trout from smaller lakes in Hagerstown and at Deep Creek Lake!

March 1 is going to see me start the season off at Little Seneca. I fish there and Triadelphia most of the year for freshwater fishing.

The end of April will see me at Briery Creek Lake for 4 days.

May is going to see me at the beach! Looking to hit the striper run. Maybe a 4wd, maybe not. Anyway if I don't have one I will just do the walking thing again. I would like to get two weekends in here for the stripers.

First weekend in June I will be in the Poconos!

I hope to get some trips at the beach in June for early sharkin.

July will be more trips for sharkin if they are around.

August will be shark month! Gonna buy a bug suit this year. I have a group of friends that I turned on to sharkin last year and they are already talking about another go for sharks.

Maybe a red in September?

October might see another trip to Briery Creek.

November and December will see lots of trips to Triadelphia and the beach.

I hope you guys have lots of good trips/adventures planned!

My plans are to take as many kids fishing as possible. They are our future and we need to get them headed in the right direction:happy7:. Catching fish is just a bonus:eusa_dance:

I'll be hitting the FL Keys (Chark, Cuda, Tarpon) Mosquito Lagoon (Reds) and creeks/flats around Amelia Island, FL (Reds & Charks) in April. May I suppose it will be for Stripers, June/July Around the SC coast. August, Charks! Sept NC for Blues, Charks, whatever in OBX.

Sep or Oct, fishing in Ireland and Scotland with a fresh bottle of Scotch in my hand!

November, the Everglades to yak the no-motor zone.

And of course, some other spur of the moment trips in between.

Sept NC for Blues, Charks, whatever in OBX.

september, especially with a yak you could straight up wear out the big drum. I missed out on it this past fall since I was commercial fishing most of time on the good yakin days. it was a horrible fall for me. spend more money thrying to make money than I made by far:disgust: trying to make up for it now.

agree with Matt, if you found a good long shore drift you could slam the drum seaside not to mention the sound which may be what he was talking about.

agree with Matt, if you found a good long shore drift you could slam the drum seaside not to mention the sound which may be what he was talking about.

I was referring to the ocean. down here on a nice light sw breeze, sometimes you will see menhaden schools everywhere as far as you could see right past the bar. just drive the shoreline until you see a school and paddle out and cast a bait/lure and hook up. some schools will hold some big drum and others wont. I was actually driving north to do that specifically one day this fall and as soon as I got there I got a call from someone needing bait so my plan changed. the better big drum fishing in the sound is further south.

Charter more inshore/nearshore trips, catch something on the salt-flyrod and fish in all the inshore tourneys (fun and affordable)with a couple of local guys I hope to find from this site.(more on that later) and be a worthwhile content contributor here!

My plans? To fish as often and in as many diverse places as possible as time allows. Last year I fished often but not in many different places mainly due to time constraints. I don't see the time constraints changing but I will try to fish in many different places.

Gonna fish the Pamlico Sound for the first time from my new Hobie...last few years had a blast fishing in late may from an Ocean Big Yak...this Hobie has so much more range...c'mon May/June :eusa_dance:

Gonna fish the Pamlico Sound for the first time from my new Hobie...last few years had a blast fishing in late may from an Ocean Big Yak...this Hobie has so much more range...c'mon May/June :eusa_dance:

where in the pamlico do you plan on fishing. if you would be here in june it might be worth it on a good day to fish in the ocean for cobia. what hobie did you get?

I plan on keeping my head above water....saving money for short fishing excursions...and tryin to get a 40" or better cow this spring....4 shore.

I usually do an "Early bird Tourney" in Eldersburg, MD with my buddies, but we have recently decided to spend the money we waste on that and take a weekend surf fishin excursion....it will be early to mid april when that happens...so i'm trying to figure out where on the coast to go to find stripers that time of year..not in a boat...any suggestions??

In summer, heading to IRI with my wife, fishin all night...with some trips to AI for Shark, whiting, blue, flounder, skates (ugghhh), and anything else that gives some pullage...with my fishing buds.

Tryin to get a Yak to get some bait out past the Bars.....really motivated about that, but $$ is tight. also bought a casting net last year, which I'm really excited and happy about...because I really enjoy catching bait.

trim, in mid april the best and nearly only striper fishing is in your backyard in the bay, 2 weeks later they'll be hitting AI.

Man Phil those are some serious plans, hopefully we can hook up for a fish-a-thon this year.

As per usualy for me these days I'll be almost exclusively chasing drum from spring-fall up and down the coast. Hope to get 40 over 40 this season...tough goal.

Lets see....

March - start heading to the camper to get ready for Spring Trophy season and hopefully do a little C&R Striper action towards the end of the month

April 18th - Opening day of Maryland Trophy season, everyday that I'm off you'll find me out on the lower potomac or the bay near #70 trolling for stripers

May - I'll continue trolling stripers until mid may then I'll switch over to looking for schoolies, and smaller fish.

June - Still in the bay and the river looking for croaker, flounder, trout, blues etc...whatever will bite my line

July - Trolling for Blues and Spanish macks in the bay and river, and hopefully a trip or two offshore with my cousin

August - at least 1 week up at dewey with the in-laws and several nights of sharking

Sept - Bay for stripers, blues, croaker and puppies

Oct - Same as Sept

Nov - Fall Striper run is upon us, probably more trolling

Dec - Freezing my butt off trolling for late fall run stripers until the water cools off and fishing ceases.

Now those are just my saltwater plans. My new job has me 2 miles from Algonkian park in sterling, va right on the potomac. i'll be getting off work at 7:30am and hitting the river for a few hours in the yak or canoe will hopefully be a regular occurance starting in the next couple weeks....

Dec - tail end of fall striper

Well to fish and I hope to catch more then I did last year, and to get out and golf more then I did last year.

must catch more than I did last year, and spend a lot more time out there, if gas prices stay low.

May try the sesquehanna flats a little later when the temp. get's right.April 1st I usually go to the early flounder spot,green and drawing channels,wachapreague,Va. as I am trailerable,and the weather forcast is 70 saturday&72 sunday,if the wind dont spoil my plan ,we will try one of Delawares wrecks for tog and seabass,or artificial reef #11.They have been dumping concrete and weighted tires,sunk a few ocean tugs,since 1996 or 97.It's big.Pray for no wind this weekend.

well, looks like my plans are more offshore trips this year in OCMD:)

since Hookin' Up wth Capt Rick Grapes (of Binnacle Custom Tackle) late last year, I'll be fishing alot more on his 29' Lures "BINNACLE" out of the Ocean City Fishing Center:icon_salut:

so I hope to add alot more in the way of offshore reports on here:glasses1:

I just want to catch a HUGE, VERY HUGE shark from the beach...and search for puppies and other species via yak in the back bay and local tribs, which will make this hobby even more expensive...when will it end?!?...and I say this every year but I never seem to go out, I guess I just love my feet on the sand I guess, but this time I plan on going out on pops boat offshore fishing.

I'd also like to explore the skinny waters behind Assateague Island; ie: Newport Bay and in and around Pirate Island later in the year for Red's in the shallows:booty:

I keep saying this every year, but it seems everytime I bring my boat to OC, something happens to it:icon_thumbdown:

I'd also like to explore the skinny waters behind Assateague Island; ie: Newport Bay and in and around Pirate Island later in the year for Red's in the shallows:booty:

I keep saying this every year, but it seems everytime I bring my boat to OC, something happens to it:icon_thumbdown:

I want to do some flounder fishing back there. I have been saying I was going to fish back there for almost 2 years but havent yet. I brought my kayak to AI last year and was going to do some but I was only on AI for a whopping 2 hours before I got a couple calls about all the cobia that were being seen.