6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a good fishing non-profit organization I can volunteer with? I'm looking to take my love for fishing and pass it along to youth, people who never had the opportunity to be exposed (like we all have) etc etc etc....

Feel free to help us out with VCAN!

We got two workshops lined up teaching the public how to fish in late Spring then again in Fall!

Delaware Mobile Surf-fishermen Inc. We do a special olympic tourny at the CHSP Pier in the spring.

as much as I'd love to do both of those, I live too far from DE or VA Beach to really be as involved as I'd like. I know Big Brothers and Sister try and do some fishing stuff as well as the Y. But I'm hoping to find something where I can do a trip once a month or every 6 weeks to get someone out there and get involved.....Where the two suggested are great, I just can't see me being able to commit to the cause with the distance....I can do something up here in NOVA and commit to once a month and not have to worry about a hotel room etc because of driving distance....