10 posts in this topic

Gonna' make my first run of the year, hopefully get something for dinner.

If I can find bait beforehand, I'll be there before dawn, if not then I'll wait for Harbor Tackle to open. Plan to head home bout 7 pm.

Prolly going to turn left and fish the top by the walk over unless I find a good hole to the south first.

What? Really? Steve? You're Fishing? :mrgreen:

Yeah, figure it's the best way to break in new gear.

Gonna' stop by BPS for a couple smaller combos today, need anything?

This will be my most expensive trip, with the fuel costs.

Oy - yes, fuel costs! That's the reason my wife veto'd a short trip down this weekend ("I'm not paying for the gas to drive the minivan all the way down for only 1 full day, and then have you spend 90% of the time fishing!") I'm still trying to see what is wrong with that scenario -seems perfectly reasonable to me :lol:

Anyway my dream of getting a 4x4 is fading fast with these gas prices - The thought of driving it the 400 miles round trip is just not too practical anymore. Perhaps a bunch of us Pennsylvania folks should get together and invest in a "community" 4X4 to keep down there :mrgreen:

The Ford Escape Hybrid in AWD is a pretty good choice, and great on the fuel. Of course it gets better fuel economy in urban-type driving but still gets 20-25 mpg on the road.

A few years ago, a friend of mine kept a truck with a Lance camper at the OC airport. He would fly in and then jump in the truck. I could do that except I can't leave my truck there. I use to fly there at least twice a week, only took 45 minutes from the DC area.

Oh well, off to Bass Pro Shop!

Highlander Hybrid in 2WD or 4WD-i is not designed to be driven off road.

LOL now that's real smart to build a 4WD that can't go off road :roll: The thing is some people will think that they can go anywhere with one.

Steve, I wish I could get out there all day,,,have to work, if I have time, I may slip on by after work and come out and wet a line with ya for couple hours.

Cool Scott, I'll be there if ya come out.

That's a shame 'bout the Highlander <NOT>.

What are they supposed to do when the salt the icy roads, stay home?

I think I'll keep my American vehicles.

(not to be driven off road, what a statement for Totota)

But anyway, if I can find bait before dawn I'll be there before dawn, if not then shortly after HT opens.

Tuesday canceled due to bad surf.

Well, Tuesday isn't canceled but my trip is.....

Try for Thursday.