11 posts in this topic

TIME TO GET BACK OUT ON THE BEACHES !!!! Been too busy at work :eusa_wall: to get any time out on the beach but we are going out on Saturday ! :icon_pidu: Plan on hitting Back Bay Wildlife Preserve and testing the waters to see if anything is out there . Probably get out about 7 or 8 and stay till about 2 or 3 . Supposed to be warming up a bit so depending on the wind it will be good to get a line wet ! I have been going down there tracking deer and the hogs through the dunes but its time to get back in the water ! FISH ON !!!!

TIME TO GET BACK OUT ON THE BEACHES !!!! Been too busy at work :eusa_wall: to get any time out on the beach but we are going out on Saturday ! :icon_pidu: Plan on hitting Back Bay Wildlife Preserve and testing the waters to see if anything is out there . Probably get out about 7 or 8 and stay till about 2 or 3 . Supposed to be warming up a bit so depending on the wind it will be good to get a line wet ! I have been going down there tracking deer and the hogs through the dunes but its time to get back in the water ! FISH ON !!!!

I hear ya, man. I just about cracked before I finally broke my "53 days of no fishing for Sam" streak.

i'm at 65 days without fishin and goin nuts!:angry4:

I had managed to get out Striper fishing through December in some friends boats. Usually I am on the beach in Nags head New Years day shaking the Skunk off for the year even if it just means catching Dogfish from the surf ! Its pullage to kick off the year ! I need to be in the water on the beach throwing the 12 footer and kicking back on the sand hauling somethin toothy in through the waves :blob1:!!!! Best thing is the Duck Stamp to park at Back Bay is good through June !!

I can't lie, its almost been 2 weeks and I'm going crazy. I might even have to pull out the freshwater stuff, just to get a "pullage fix".:disgust:

I may hit LIP for some doggie action and pray for a blind striper (water temps too low) on Saturday afternoon.

If not, I will most likely spool up and go do some casting practice somewhere.

I have NOT gone more than 3 days with out fishing in over 6 years......

It's been since before Christmas for me but judging by the weather I may just get the bottom of the mako wet this weekend. If I do, I'll try to get on here and enlist some "local" company but it will be spur of the moment. :cool:

Ok we just got back home from Back Bay . Great Day of Fishing !!!! Not a great day of Catching !!!! Arrived on the beach about 9 and set up 6 rods from 10' to 15' with bait : Chunked Bluefish , Filleted Bluefish , Croaker Heads , and Cut Croaker. No Takers . Tide was going out and turned about mid day . We had a couple rods out past the Bar and a couple in between the beach and the bar .

It was definately a good day to be relaxing on the beach enjoying the weather ! Would have been nice to get rid of some more bait because we were catching fish but chalk it up to puttin in your time ! Felt good to be back out on the beach tossin 8 n bait again ! :blob1:

I haven't been out in about a month and a half and I have been skunked since mid November...so Im dieing to get out and get some kinda fight...think it's the first time I have ever looked forward to catching a skate or doggie just to kill my run of bad luck

Nice day to go toss some bait!

I went to the casting field and tossed my 1267 w/Abu 6500 mag I just bought. Got 150 yards on the 3rd try and was satisfied with that, then tried to put my arse into one and whammo...break off!

Let the dog run while Bucket casted then back to do some stuff around the house!