37 posts in this topic

Dan the T-Shirt man is going to need some opinions about new T's and Hats.

What kind of logo are we looking for? Does anyone have any suggestions? Sharks? Stripers? Tuna? Skate??? :mrgreen:

Just make sure the hats are large enough to cover my bald spot. :oops:

Sam, we talked a lot in the beginning, before the forum was born and during teething pains. Based on what we were doing "elsewhere" and the sordid responses and attitudes we received, you know where I stand.

We took a lot of flack for wanting to play with charkey. Took even more heat when we tried to discuss yaking baits out.

This forum was created to address our need to talk about the specific things we liked to do.

We need big honkin' charks pullin' a yak, blastin through a breaker on the shirt...

Bada BING!

sounds good to me, steve

Sam, we talked a lot in the beginning, before the forum was born and during teething pains. Based on what we were doing "elsewhere" and the sordid responses and attitudes we received, you know where I stand.

We took a lot of flack for wanting to play with charkey. Took even more heat when we tried to discuss yaking baits out.

This forum was created to address our need to talk about the specific things we liked to do.

We need big honkin' charks pullin' a yak, blastin through a breaker on the shirt...

Bada BING!

:eusa_clap: :D

me too - but i suppose if you put charky on it, I'll have to try my luck at least once to make it authentic :)

If you want the whole shirt to be about sharks, then I think you should do two different shirts. One with sharks and one with the other fish caught around here. (There are a lot of fishing hours put in for the striper and red drum that shouldn't be left out.) That said, the shark shirt will be fun because you can incorporate some humor in it easier than another fish. On the front, you could have a guy with his rod bend over, saying , "I got him, I got him". On the back, you could have a shark holding the hook in his teeth saying, "I got him, I got him". :mrgreen: Just an idea.

If you want the whole shirt to be about sharks, then I think you should do two different shirts. One with sharks and one with the other fish caught around here. (There are a lot of fishing hours put in for the striper and red drum that shouldn't be left out.) That said, the shark shirt will be fun because you can incorporate some humor in it easier than another fish. On the front, you could have a guy with his rod bend over, saying , "I got him, I got him". On the back, you could have a shark holding the hook in his teeth saying, "I got him, I got him". :mrgreen: Just an idea.

I like that idea Carrie 8) and Im down for some shirts n' hats too :up:

Either, both, all of the above.

I agree, lots of hrs put in for other feesh.

And yes, the chark is easiest to do a humorous theme with.

"People: It's what's for dinner."

I have a t-shirt from Nat'l Geo that has a White on it and it says "Let's do lunch".

Maybe a striper in jail, bars and stripes?

Or a Drum playing a drum?

But still, this forum was born because of a few unorthodox methods.

And yet, many, many more folks have been "found" and are now sharing the fun!

I agree that this site was born out of unorthodox extreme methods (yaking bloody baits out :D ), but this site has grown to encompass all aspects of fishing and I would think it would be fruitless if we catered only to the half rather than the whole,,,the whole idea of shirts is not only to give us a sense of community but to attract other fisherman from all aspects of fishing into our community,,,I definitely think the old yak and shark should be incorporated in the shirt but other fish, like drum, stripers, marlin, tuna should be involved as well,,,I think there should be a sense of EXTREME in the shirt, maybe a saying like "We take fishing to the EXTREME" or something similar,,,how to incorporate this may take some thinking but it can be done,,,then the question is the screening process on the shirt and how detail oriented would this cost for the variety of things we want on it,,,for the hat, I would keep it basic and simple like the logo that Sam intoduced.

Would the cost be too much more if instead of one design, we use the same general theme (i.e. same logo in the front) with a different fish on the back - say 2 or three different designs)?

For example - a Delmarvafishing.com logo on one side, and your choice of a shark, striper, or other fish theme on the back? I understand it would be cheaper to get ALL the same design...but for the difference in cost, it would allow everyone to promote the site while expressing their specific fishing obsessions...

I think it is a good idea to do a shark shirt and also another because some of us who might be a little scared :) to try sharking can still promote the site with the kind of fishing we do...if that makes any sence lol to me it does!

Sam I'll have to get you in touch with the guys that do my shirts they do a great job and will work with you on the design from start to finish, can't remember off the top of my head what they are running to have screened will look into it if you like.

anymore movement on this :?: the beach season is about toget underway and I'd love to-be sportin' a DMVF.COM shirt(or hat) around OC this summer 8)

Yeah is anything going on with theses??? id def be up to sport some Delmarvafishing.com gear around the beach this year!

Sam,I have a HIX t-shirt, and a HIX hat press I use 4 my company stuff.I have AM POOL & SPA pinted on all kinds of stuff.The quality is ok to good and lasts 4 a season or 2.The advantage is you can find your own stuff like nail bags, beach bags,ect. and print small quauntities.The disadvanage is you have to print dark on light shirts/hats.I have my logos stacked on 8.5X11 sheets of transfer paper. I have several differant size logos.If you want I could copy your logo and try a few hats.I am going to contact Dan the t-shirt man to see about getting my logos printed with the heat transferable ink.Then I can print on any color.You could do something simalar and I could bring my presses to the beach and we could print up some samples. If you are interested e-mail me. Daveh

Count me in on hats and shirts. I like the idea of one logo on the front and a variety of different fish on the back I will gladly put some$$$ in the pot to help get them made up.

Sam, where is that original logo you made up,,,simple and clean, I thought it looked good,,,can't seem to locate it on the site.

Here it is.

logo.jpg.53797b037520eb278323b94345e6762

That is truly incredible, I love that.:cool:

Sam looks great who did you have do the art work? and how much are they going to cost.