30 posts in this topic

Too tired to post much of a report now, but Capt. Aaron Kelly put us on the big stripers!

We are heading back out tomorrow for more. 11 caught today ranging from mid twenties up to 48 lbs.

outer-banks-big-rockfish.jpg.85905c5e957

Yeah, these were double headers each!

102_4341-1.jpg.e092f163e5530f558f4bca27e

DSC00252-1.jpg.9930b6aa2f397628db743e7ee

Amazing afternoon of fishing. Yeah, it was only a half day trip. :icon_wink:

ALL FISHED RELEASED.:icon_thumright:

Edited by Sam

Man, those are some nice stripers. WTG guys. I'll be looking for the report on tomorrow:icon_thumright:

Thanks Guys. We went back out today and caught thirteen more stripers ranging from 25lbs to Matt's HOG at 40lbs. I will get this pictures later tonight.

Thanks again, Capt. Aaron!

Nice going Sam, Matt. That first pic is one amazing girth. WOW

Edited by Critter Gitter

Here are some more pictures. Pretty sore today... But, it's a good sore! :icon_wink:

obx-striped-bass-fishing.jpg.b18781e80cf

Captain-Aaron-Kelly.jpg.5d2fddf3af5b0105

obx-striper-fishing.jpg.6fff3032c37e9da8

nc-obx-rockfish-fishing.jpg.58df08a642ac

obx-rockfish-fishing.jpg.1f9834548aa7e27

nc-rockfish-fishing.jpg.7448f612b8cfd5c7

oregon-inlet-rockfish-fishing.jpg.5f5ce9

Edited by Sam

Congrats!!!

Aaron charges. He and DOA are hardcore. Only thing I don't understand is were those his gold reels? They look too hefty and shiny for his liking. He is too blue collar so I am assuming you brought those with you.

It's also pretty cool that he stayed in NC when alot of the other guys around here migrated to Virginia again(yeah I'm talking to you Donnie).

makin me jealous Sam, nice cows.

Only thing I don't understand is were those his gold reels? They look too hefty and shiny for his liking.

yes they are his, I am pretty familiar with them though.

I'm finally back home after my 6 day getaway. My 53 "not being able to fish" streak is OVER! Here are some more pictures from the both days.

5852a53accdf6_catching-striper.jpg.8166a

nc-striper.jpg.c2167f2cb76287b396aa5992f

obx-charter.jpg.a2003487c0bf1eb8ce3f258d

obx-rockfish.jpg.7bdb4b8cc27d4619c3c794a

obx-striped-bass.jpg.81cf5f0c3755ba5f3f8

obx-striper.jpg.5a4a45caa04de07cbd35e7d4

striper-release.jpg.0feea1d44013a0371a1b

It was great fishing with Carey again! He was our lucky charm! :icon_puke_r: Man, that 48lber was incredible..

Matt, thanks for hooking me up with this charter, letting me crash at your place and for the awesome new kayak! I can't wait to get it rigged up for some drifting the back bays.

no problem. glad you like the kayak. we will get that kayak rigged up soon. I love fishing with Aaron. one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, all class, and a hell of a fisherman. he has a lot of god karma, lol. I have learned a lot from him.

Matt, by the way, someone stopped me on the way home to ask where he could get my Malibu kayak. I told him I only knew of one anywhere near Virginia Beach and he was a great guy...

Matt, by the way, someone stopped me on the way home to ask where he could get my Malibu kayak. I told him I only knew of one anywhere near Virginia Beach and he was a great guy...

thanks for the referral sam! you want to know something kinda funny. I have very little local business right now. I have sold 5 kayaks. 1 kayak to a NC resident, 2 to maryland residents, and 2 to an ohio resident. thank god for the internet!

Holly crap...how did I miss this thread. Thats some awsome catching guys...those fish look awsome in length and girth...very cool!!! Come on May!

Holly crap...how did I miss this thread. Thats some awsome catching guys...those fish look awsome in length and girth...very cool!!! Come on May!

Welcome to this site, coop! Feel free to post any fishing reports or ask any questions you may have about fishing. :icon_wink:

WOW, Great Job Guys:icon_salut: those are some reel PIGS!!!:icon_pray:

looked cold out there too, Brrrrr...:eek: