14 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm looking for a used pontoon boat. A very used pontoon boat, all i want is a platform on the pontoons, I don't care about the interior, I don't want it to have a motor and it doesn't even need a trailer. My father in-law recently had back surgery and he can't use our john boats for fishing our farm pond. I figure if i float a short pontoon boat with an electric motor on it, he can still fish with the rest of the family. Unfortunatley like a lot of people I don't have a lot of money to spend, especially for a P.O.S. pontoon with no trailer. But he if you have that eyesore in the back yard that the S.O. is harping about getting rid of, let me know and I'll see what we can do. I've been checking craigs and ebay but nothing yet......

thanks

Mike

That's a nice thing for you to do Mike!

I'll keep my eyes and ears open around here.

How big is the pond?

How would you get it to the location, borrowed trailer?

the pond is about 5-6 acres, and I have a few car trailers that I can modify enough to haul a pontoon boat for a one trip deal.

Thanks

Might just work, I wonder how well a trolling motor would push it around......hmmm.

It is built in sections and could be bolted together into a platform. It is very stable and I'm sure an elect motor would move it at a slow speed.Would be easy to install a cheap railing as well. Free to a loving family and good home, Man it sounds like I'm getting rid of a puppy.

It is built in sections and could be bolted together into a platform. It is very stable and I'm sure an elect motor would move it at a slow speed.Would be easy to install a cheap railing as well. Free to a loving family and good home, Man it sounds like I'm getting rid of a puppy.

DaveH, man that'd be great. I've sent you a PM.

Mike

I sent you a reply with my cell #, Happy boating, I mean docking icon10.gif

Waiting on warmer weather, It's his if he wants it.:eusa_dance:

I hope he won't be upset to see a grown man cry when he picks her up.:crybaby2:

I am absolutely going to grab them when it gets warmer. My father in-law already has the spot picked to run them out from. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate all this, that's what this site is all about.:happy3:

Thanks again

Mike

I'll be in OC next Fri. and Sat. if you want to stop by and scope it out.Sounds like you are not that far away.My sch 4 a pick up will be flexible till May.