8 posts in this topic

That is so sad...

A family torn apart by the loss of 2 generations worth of fathers.

That's too small of a boat to be out in those conditions. And not wearing a PFD?

Always know the conditions, what you, your passengers and the boat are capable of, and wear your PFD, please...

I saw this on the news yesterday.....What's the deal? They hadn't released what caused it to capsize...Did they ever release more information

thats what the news said- it was over at the SMB 100 yards off the CBBT ......

Dennis & I were standing on the dock when they hoisted the boat out at the pilot house.....seeing the AZ on the boat I crossed back over Lesner and wlked over to the truck and trailor - Both the truck and trailor had AZ tags on them......then after thye righted the boat - towed it again to the Crab Creek side and used the VBPD Truck to laod the boat on the trailor, I helped hook up the victoms trailor to their truck and a police man drove the rig away.....its all fiberglass w/ a 150 and a 9.9 kicker.....it already has a Nov 2009 Boat License on the bow, the cops said they are here "this week" every year....

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Very sad and unfortunate.

from what I got. These guys have come here the last 5 years. Drive here in DEC. and fish a week, fly home, and fly back for XMAS. then come back in JAN. to fish another week. 6 on an 18' tracker is overloaded. the ones that DIED were 89 and 69 years old. SCA on the water is the WRONG TIME to go. GREAT JOB to the ones that got them out. someones father and or grandfather died today. RIP

That's too many people for an 18' boat on a day like that. You can't fear the water, but you have to respect it.