12 posts in this topic

After Friday night I realize I need some REAL raingear. You guys looked to have some good stuff. I'm looking for something insulated for colder weather and good quality to keep dry in. Can you guys point me in the right direction? Thanks. :)

If it had been colder (or I had not insulated my blood with beer) I would've brought my Army Issue Gortex Jacket...and honestly, What I normally do for rain gear (which I left on my boat at home and didn't bring with me) I have an XL rain suit I bought for 29.99 at walmart I think and I make sure I have enough clothes to layer under it. That way I don't have multiple expensive rainsuits. Plus they get torn up quick fishing, hooks through them etc.

I second the vote for the cheap stuff. I have a $32 dollar suit (both jacket and pants for that price!) - its a Reddington bought at Nestor's. It is PVC, so it's not breathable, but when It's cold and Rainy, I don't really care. For insulation, add as many layers as you want. I want stuff that I don't worry about getting hooks in or fish smelling. And if it gets destroyed one night - it was $32 bucks - I'll go get another :)

if your wearin waders, they are usually waterproof, so just add a jacket

if your wearin waders, they are usually waterproof

USUALLY? :blink2:

If you're waders are usually waterproof, i'd skip the raingear purchase and replace the waders :mrgreen:

Seriously - yes, you can probably find just a jacket for even cheaper - I like to have the pants too since I fish from shore without waders sometimes when i'm not surf fishing....

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully I don't need much until fall. Warm weather is around the corner.

Just one more vote go cheap on the gear and layer up works fine for me..

if your wearin waders, they are usually waterproof

USUALLY? :blink2:

If you're waders are usually waterproof, i'd skip the raingear purchase and replace the waders :mrgreen:

Seriously - yes, you can probably find just a jacket for even cheaper - I like to have the pants too since I fish from shore without waders sometimes when i'm not surf fishing....

yeah, didnt ya see that pair same had on in the pic a week back. im sure tehy awere not 100% waterproof, lol

I recommend Frog Tog. A bit pricey but work great. Pant & jacket about $65.00 and bibs & jacket about $75.00. Prices vary depending on size.

frog_togs_00000_130.jpg.bb65f8cfd332df72

I was hoping that you could read the booklet. Here is what is says.

Like their namesake in nature, frogg toggs are equipped to function in all kinds of weather. They are guaranteed waterproof, breathable, and windproof. Frogg toggs are perfect for any outdoor activity. They are constructed from patented, three-ply fabric that's engineered to keep you comfortable and dry. Each polypropylene layer serves as a unique barrier to keep rain and wind out, while allowing the suit to breathe. Froog toggs are ultra lighweight (11.5 oz) and are cut to provide unrestricted movement and comfort.

Frogg toggs are not only effective, they are affordable. Fogg toggs are backed by our 100% guarantee.

Guaranteed Waterproof, Breathable Windproof Protection

Patented fabric keeps you dry and comfortable.

Ultrasonically welded seams don't allow water to penetrate.

Featherlight for comfort and unrestricted movement.

Perfect for golfers, fishermen, hunters, hikers, sailors, runners - anyone who like to play outside even in bad weather.

Stores easily in a golf bag, tackle box, backpack, anywhere.

Terry and his fishing buddies have these.

Thanks Bev, I was just trying to read it. Do you have the suit, and does it come in different colors?

Anything other than camo works for me.

I do have the suit and it does come in colors. I have only khaki, but if want another color I can order.